Buildbox 3.0.1 Beta #3118

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hello There Boxers :)

Got a new build to share with everyone. This will be an update of mostly stability fixes along with a few new additions. We're putting this out here for early before it goes official.

[Important]: This build is not adding some of our highest priority additions such as Easy Ad Integration, Checkpoint Node, and similar. This does not mean they are being forgotten or ignored, they are simply a bit more involved and are currently in progress by the team as we speak ;)

Also as is with any Beta release please ensure making a backup of any important projects prior to opening and saving them in the new build.

If you find any bugs or issues please send them into support@buildbox.com with all pertinent details ASAP so we can get them documented and corrected. Without further ado below are the links:

Links:

*macOS*: http://download.buildbox.com/buildb...0.1-3118_f4b22f190e13bf8fc641af6dfdfc5f85.zip

>*Windows*: http://download.buildbox.com/buildb...0.1-3118_b4f9f64ee56d903b43b8f5eb049fa403.exe

Change Log:

Fixed: Older iPhone/iPad Display issue
    Fixed: Image Drop for UIs Fix
    Fixed: Slow Loading
    Fixed: Script Error During First Load
    Fixed: Sensors fix
    Fixed: UI animations fix
    Fixed: Animation, Threshold, Timer Nodes Fixes
    Fixed: Tutorial Loading Cancelation Error
    Fixed: Density renamed to mass
    Fixed: Crash With Tutorial in QML Scene
    Fixed: Mac Preview Fix
    Fixed: Use Texture Alpha for 3D Models
    Fixed: Removed Move path
    Fixed: Applying Sprite Properties onto the Scene Editor
    Fixed: Assets and Updated API
    Fixed: Crash When Skipping Tutorial
    Fixed: Lights Rotation

Added: Reset in AddPoint
    Added: [JSAPI] Affected Asset Methods
    Added: [JSAPI] Collision Group Methods
    Added: New Shapes
    Added: More Transformation Functions for JS
    Added: Editable Start Screen
    Added: [JSAPI] Asset Null Check
    Added: More Boolean Nodes
    Added: Joystick Update

We appreciate all you Boxers and are looking forward to adding some more great features and getting some better documentation for you in the very near future.

Cheers!

2. AppTout

AppTout Boxer

What is the latest JSAPI link?

3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox
    that's all?? I wrote lots of bugs to support, keyboard, rotations, follow node and 100 more and u fixed only this??
    if u think checkpoints is not important, it is not true because u know without them we can make final games this is bad for business bring back the money or fix them soon.
    @NikRudenko
    @TreySmith
    @ZackGriset

5. Brandon Humfleet

Brandon Humfleet Boxer

@Sean Buildbox do you know when the "check for updates" in buildbox will work? instead of always downloading new builds on here? just wondering not a big deal, i do understand that this builds could be broken and you don't want to mistakenly push a bad build for everyone to pull down, but just wondering. Thanks

Snozzberry likes this.
  6. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

Thanks. my iPad problem is also fixed :)
    my first bug is: light sun shadow intensity doesn't work.

7. Sean Buildbox

Still http://download.buildbox.com/buildbox/assets/documentation/api.html but I'm currently working on getting it updated currently.

As stated above:
    So yes, Checkpoints are a priority for us. We will have another update in the near future with them and others.

We typically launch Beta/Early Builds here. To my knowledge when this build is made official with 3.0.1 we will be flicking the ON switch so to speak for the auto-update and it will be available for all updates going further ;)

8. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hey @Sean Buildbox -> bug report -> On UI before I was able to add exported bassets and they were identified as "objects" in BB3, now when I drag/drop bbasset into UI, they are identified as images and this is no use to me. BBAssets / Objects are nice to have on UI for progress bars and certain dynamic elements into the UI, with BB3 RC2 and Official Release that was possible, as of this beta #3118 it is not possible anymore. There's no way for me up to this point to drag an object (bbasset) into UI as this is setting back some important features nice to have: progress bar in games.

9. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox what u mean near future one week? one year??
    also please add Esc button on keyboard node leas all steam users are writing bad reviews on previous bb2 games because they cand go back, please add it on bb3

tonymartz2 likes this.
  10. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

@whitedogapp we are unable to give an exact date. We have the issues that are on our priority, unfortunately, not even issue is just a quick fix. We are working hard on getting these fixed, which is why we will be able to have another update in the near future

11. Sean Buildbox

Got it, getting it fixed. Thank you good sir :)

itzonator likes this.
  12. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

at this moment can u give us a line of scripts to copy paste and save checkpoint??

tonymartz2 likes this.
  13. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

@Josh (Tekanology) also save info about Esc button it is really important for pc games

14. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

that would be great, Miko said a little coding can get it to save, I just don't understand why he didn't tell us how and save on this headache. :(o_O

15. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

16. Tumbleweeds

Tumbleweeds Boxer

Thank you. Appreciate all of your hard work.

17. 3dProArtist

3dProArtist Boxer

I have read a lot of discussions here and come to the conclusion that, as your mentioned "buildbox team" that your team is small and its a big achievement for you guys to maintain and update the software which I believe a lot of people will appreciate.

but on the contrary I have seen a lot of people are complaining as well and most of them is because your subscription is yearly basis and each and every day is very important for them. So to tell them an unknown time for the bugs to be fixed or new features to be added, makes them a bit annoyed.

I know bugs fixing and adding new features are not an easy task especially with a small team like yours.
    I personally suggest that you guys should change your subscription from early basis to either fixed license or a percentage on the income of the game.
    this way, all your subscriber wont be annoyed by the time frame you guys fix the bugs or add new features.

Thats my honest opinion and i believe a lot of them will agree.

18. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

agree bro

19. AppTout

AppTout Boxer

Why is there a maximum of 8 lights per scene, and when will this be increased to a significantly higher number? That is very limiting.

20. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

That's not an easy way, it's way more difficult than adding new features:D