Buildbox Acquired By Apponboard. Congratulations!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by weboha, Jun 13, 2019.

1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@TreySmith after BB3 becomes more stable and I see lots of progress on that it's great to make BB3 more publisher friendly. Since that's written in JavaScript and some publishers like Unity more with C#, we need a bridge between both to have those Publisher SDKs friendly for Buildbox

Today if someone publishes a game on iOS, 99% of new submissions get no organic traffic (ASO is dead), right, so what's the alternative Press Releases, FB groups? Right, not just to keep creating games, but be able to make a living off of it. Now some publishers completely ignore BB or port BB games to be a good fit for their custom SDKs. This has to change as this is where the future is heading now.

On iOS alone, you have to run at least a minimum of $5,000 worth of ads in order for the game to keep up with what the competition is doing for a single game. I've seen with my own eyes that if we load $2k worth of advertising, and if we stop the advertizing, the next day the game drops to less than 5 or 10 downloads a day. It's nuts, and that's just to test the retention.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Jaro and PunkPuffin like this.
  2. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

"We will still run independently" -
    the best news of that day for me,
    this is what I feared after reading this message. bb should be independent and I believe that it will be so

3. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Completely agree. We’ve talked with all published and they just want us to port their SDK. We now have to resources to do it. Get a deal done and I promise you we have ur back!

4. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

Does that mean BB will finally get controller support?

comicsmathias likes this.
  5. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I wish to have html5 export to submit games to facebook there is a big opportunity there.