Google+ Apis Being Shutdown

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Tars Tarkas, Dec 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

I received this email from Google:

Hello Google+ Developer,

We’re writing to let you know that as part of the sunset of the consumer version of Google+, we will be shutting down our Google+ APIs on March 7, 2019. As part of these changes, Google+ Sign-in has been fully deprecated and will also be shut down on March 7, 2019.

What do I need to know?
    On March 7, 2019, all Google+ APIs and Google+ Sign-in will be shut down completely. This will be a progressive shutdown beginning in late January, with calls to these APIs starting to intermittently fail as early as January 28, 2019.

What do I need to do?
    Please update your projects listed below by March 7, 2019 and ensure they are no longer using Google+ APIs. The data below shows which Google+ API methods your projects have recently called.

Note: If you see calls to people.get, these can be the result of using the Google+ Sign-In feature in your application, which is now fully deprecated and is being shut down. Developers should migrate from the Google+ Sign-In feature to the more comprehensive Google Sign-in authentication system.

Did anyone else received this and what should I do?
    Thank you

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  2. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

I got that today as well, What it is about ?

3. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

Up! Anybody? It would be nice to have an answer since this is going to happen very soon...

4. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Just remove any Google+ calls you may be making within your game. If you are not using Google+ then you have nothing to worry about. Google+ is disappearing and will affect games/apps that are using the Google+ API.

5. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

6. Bryan Allan Talisay

Bryan Allan Talisay Boxer

i also receive this email. is there any tutorials on how to deal with it in android studio?? im a beginner.

7. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

I'm not 100% sure about this so I'd love to have some confirmation but in my knowledge there is nothing to be addressed since Google+ APIs are not really being used in Buildbox.
    I happened to have the APIs enabled and just disabled them in my console (https://console.cloud.google.com).
    In the developer console you may also check which APIs have been used by your projet, for my game Tchupiki it's just
    Google Play Game Services.

Moreover today I've received this message from Google:

[Correction] Google+ APIs being shutdown on March 7, 2019
    Dear Developer,

Earlier this week we sent you an email related to your projects that will be impacted by the Google+ API shutdown, which also affects requests for Google+ OAuth scopes.

The email listed that one or more of your projects are requesting the “plus.me” scope, and would thus be affected. We would like to clarify that only projects directly requesting the “plus.me” scope are affected. This scope may have been listed in some emails, even if not directly requested by your project. We apologize for any confusion caused.

If you are directly requesting the “plus.me” scope, any other Google+ OAuth scopes, or making any Google+ API calls, please ensure that you remove these requests from your project before March 7, 2019.

To see if your project is directly requesting the “plus.me” or any other Google+ OAuth scopes:

• If your project is written in Google Apps Script, you can view which scopes your project is requesting by reviewing your project properties in App Script Editor.
    • If your project is not written in Google Apps Script, please check your code for references to “plus.me” in OAuth scope requests. We recommend that you review projects using any 3rd-party libraries that support sign-in or social functionality, as these may also be affected by the shutdown.
    Thanks for being a valued Google+ Developer.

Sincerely,
    The Google+ API team

8. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

For Google+ Shutdown, time is running out. In order to be compliant with this action required option from Google, you need to disable GOOGLE API in your affected apps. You can do it when you navigate here: https://console.developers.google.com/.

Navigate through your affected app (from Google email) and on your Dashboard, see Google+ requests. Click on that and hit that Disable button on top. Once you are done, in APIS & Services, click on that to double check, and then click on Google+ API, if there's Enable button, you are good, it's disabled successfully. Also, double check if you are still having some Google+ API requests on Dashboard, if you do not see that there. You are good!

;-)