Software To Create These Effects...

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Zahar Zagrava, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Zahar Zagrava

Zahar Zagrava Boxer

So the only way for me to add visual effects to my game is through making the effect in Buildbox using particle effect or trail or with a third-party software, by creating and then importing it as a PNG sequence. The effects I want to learn how to create are similar to these: one, two, three and four. I know that you can (somehow) make them in After Effects but it is too expensive for me. So I want a similar software but a little cheaper. The problem is that I don't even know where to find it. If I google for "After Effects alternatives" I will only get software that is focused to create film effects. If I google "best vfx software for games" I will get Blender and 3d Max which is not appropriate (probably) for cartoon-ish style vfxs that I want. So:

• How can I find software for making visual effects like splashes, explosions, flashes for games?
    • Are Blender / 3d Max really appropriate here?
    • How these effects are called properly? Visual effects or particle effects or animation?
    I know that it's not really about Buildbox, but I really need some help in this because I am just starting to learn all that vfx stuff.

2. suth4rshan

suth4rshan Boxer

Unfortunately, It is.

You can use 2D VFX sprite sheets. Some of them free on internet, o you can buy if you want. Unity asset store has lot of them :)
    Then, You can convert the sprite sheet in to individual PNG and use it on BB.

Ayoub Allani likes this.
  3. Akhil

Akhil Boxer

These slice visual effects are created using Adobe After Effects. you can create more visual effects like this using After Effects.