Platformer Gameplay

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by HickPimenta, Oct 31, 2018.

1. HickPimenta

HickPimenta Boxer

hey guys. I'm creating a platformer game and I have a question.

How can I block my character so it will not go back? Basically, I want to do like in Super Mario and when you move forward you will not be able to go back.

2. Miroslav

Miroslav Boxer

Make just one button for moving to right? I think that will work.

3. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Yes, just make sure that the left game field frame (or what ever it is called) is yellow. Once you do this, it will work perfectly

4. HickPimenta

HickPimenta Boxer

I think I didn't explain it right. I want the character to move left and right but as soon it walks forward there is no way to go back. I'm asking it because if the character goes back it will fall off the screen. Sorry for my bad english. I'm brazilian :)

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Okay, I may need to think of a better way to explain. Okay, when you are inside your world, there are five small buttons for connections, snap movement and others. One of the others is ln the very end on the left. Enable it and you can edit your game field by changing size/properties.
    If it's grey then your character will push it, if it's yellow then it will block your character from moving past it and if it's red then it will kill your character