Why Is The Program So Expensive?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by ilinovik, Jun 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

How's it going Trey?
    My thoughts, I think there should at least be a cap on the price or Buildbox. A person could pay in full and boom that's it. Or we have to pay forever (for the rest of my life), which at my rate could last a good 50 more years (90 yrs old) or more god willing and at $100/month which just 6 years of use, I would have paid $7,200.00 etc. What if after 6 years from now I decide to pay in full (for the current Buildbox 3.2.2 :D) lol. What happens then? Are we refunded anything?
    So, back to me thinking there should be a cap on the price. We should be allowed to pay no more than maybe $3,900 or something close to that. Some type of cap should be implemented. Just my thoughts!

2. PLASSA

PLASSA Boxer

You can cancel/pause your subscription anytime sir. If you're not using the software you can let them know and you don't have to pay (They support is very good and helpful). Anyone who is paying for a subscription every month means they are getting immense value from the software and most likely the software is making them money back.
    I also believe that everyone who bought the Master Collection 2 (Im guessing there will also be a MC 3 for when BB3 Launches) would get a 1 Price Lifetime subscription to the program. So if you're interested in such offer try to keep your eyes open for that. :)

3. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Ok everyone lol BB has already toyed and tested different pricing options and this is what they landed on.

Idk what $15 is worth in another country but here it isn't that bad it is basically a WoW subscription. You could also still do quite a bit with the $15 version and try to get a good prototype for a publisher like Voodoo or something to sign with.

BB isn't like the big companies like Unity and UE4 they don't have all the man power to be having a free version where if you generate a certain amount of money you give the X revenue. I'm not a business person but I think there would be A LOT that goes into that on the business side that they just can't afford atm.

spicedbeangames likes this.
  4. asaf

asaf Boxer

the problem is not with the buildbox platform
    the problem is to export and configure the project on android studio to make apk and pray that the app will not crash, i spent 5 days with all tutorials and unsuccessful :(

5. Miroslav

Miroslav Boxer

That is also very confusing to me. Is that going to be easier and simpler in Buildbox 3.0??

6. AlienEncounters

AlienEncounters Boxer

Hi,

I am new here so hope I don't step on any toes. :) So, yes the BB subscription is really steep at least in countries in the lower and lower-middle income countries as per World bank.
    I am trying it out right now but frankly don't see any traction for BB in the general student community here because no one will be able to come up with a game in the trial period - good enough to pay for the fee - in the shorter time frame.

My suggestions for BB to increase sale massively in such countries:
    1. Come up with academic licensing (For academic institutes for free to encourage more students). And for students of such countries at discounted rates.
    2. Do licensing according to the ratio of the price of an average salary of the US with the the country under consideration.
    3. E.g. Take a look at https://data.worldbank.org/income-level/lower-middle-income and https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/policy/wesp/wesp_current/2014wesp_country_classification.pdf

7. Kieran_P

Kieran_P Boxer

the Master Collection 2 already include BB3 full version and updates once it is launched. this was the reason i bought the MC while it was on offer.

8. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

I think that the best idea is to have a option for revenue. I mean that if you make 1000 bucks you have to pay a percentage of your earnings. The company can make more money with this because there are loads of hit games made with BB and there will be more in the future.

9. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

They already tried a free version.
    If you do a free version it will still have to be limited because of the price plans they have currently so all of that would need to be reworked.

Also think about this if there is a free version that is effectively limitless then everyone would have access to it and flood the market lol.

It isn't as simple as everyone thinks to add a free or cheaper version. It takes time and right now they are more focused on BB3. Now when BB3 is stable and has a good version maybe they will revisit this but until then I wouldn't hold my breathe.