Umbrella Games Llc Vs Appsolute Games

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by horsthuber05, Jan 10, 2017.

1. horsthuber05

horsthuber05 Boxer

Hey, what do you guys think is the better publish and who do you think has more downloads per game? Just wanna hear your opinion about these publishers since it's almost impossible to get accepted by Ketchapp.

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

just pray to get your game accepted y one of those, I think they are in the same level just Aappsolute has published more games than Umbrella.

horsthuber05 likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

They are both cool. :)

horsthuber05 likes this.
  4. MichKrane

MichKrane Boxer

Why did you exclude nanovation?
    Either way, all three of them will most likely get your app featured, which is what will get you downloads. All three of them have a decent relationship with Apple and all of them are using similar advertising methods.

Wa1rus and horsthuber05 like this.
  5. horsthuber05

horsthuber05 Boxer

You are right nanovation is worth mentioning as well. But isn't there one publisher you prefer?

6. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I don't think it comes down to preference. It all depends on the type of game you are making or want to make and which publisher it would suit. Personally, I would be happy with any of them.

horsthuber05 likes this.
  7. MichKrane

MichKrane Boxer

I really don't think that one of these publishers would promote your game substantially better than the other two. After all, they are NOT like Ketchapp that has a zillion users downloading their games solely from their cross-promo.
    Appsolute, nanovation and umbrella will help you get SOME downloads, and probably get your game featured, which will work the same regardless of the company that published it.
    From that point, it's all about your game. IF (and "IF" is a huge word) your game is SOOOO addictive that gets people hooked for hours for whatever the reason, then it would become a hit. But if not, (which is the case 99% of the times), your game will get some more downloads and then it will slowly fade along with most of the apps out there.
    Either way, IF you ever find appsolute, nanovation and Umbrella having interest in your game at the same time that would suggest that your game is good. So any publisher you pick, the result would pretty much be the same.

telerebor and horsthuber05 like this.
  8. kokolomoj

kokolomoj Boxer

I worked with Nanovation. they scammed me big time. I can not believe such a company keeps getting featured by apple with their shady business ie not paying developers. If you search topics on this forum you will see that i am not the only one - some guy made a topic about how nanovation owes him money and they wouldn't pay him. i can support his claims 100% because they have done the same to me.

bmsingha likes this.
  9. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Agree to this, Nanovation definitely has scammed us as well, we haven't been paid as well for our game that we release year back. I shouldn't say this but unfortunately it is a big truth

10. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

That's really sad. I guess with the arrival of Voodoo, the smaller players have been pushed out and although they may get a feature - it's still not a guaranteed success you'll reach the top 50, let alone top 10.

11. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Tastypill seems to know what they're doing these days. They seem to follow Voodoo's formula for success.

alexsafayan likes this.