Possible New Game Type? Unique Defense Tech Demo + Free Bbdoc

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by AppNasty, Jan 21, 2018.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ok....so i haven't personally seen anyone do this and make a defense game with it. if not than this is a new game type. So,i put together a simple bbdoc sampler to showcase how i achieved this. So follow along as i explain and hopefully you guys get what i mean lol.
    Say you wanted to make a stationary defense game....like Plants vs Zombies....where the scene doesnt move yet hordes of unique enemies come at you. Typically, in BB, You would place enemies outside of the scene and set a spawn rate to them. Turn off forced movement and watch as the enemies come. The problem with this is the SAME enemies will come as they are being spawned. You could never meet a BOSS for example. Or have a completely new enemy appear after so long. Once you place the spawned enemies in, they all just come NOW.
    What if you wanted to make a game with BB where even after 1 hour of play, New forms of enemy waves appear? Randomly or in order? This solves that.
    All i did was chose space shooter setting. I wanted the game to be stationary but you CANNOT turn of movement. So i left it on, then dropped in a bunch of ground textures and MOUNTED them all one item. the ground. All are objects. [no BG, but instead your BG needs to be an object].
    Then, make ALL of the bg items and ground FLY up at the same speed as the player. This gives the illusion that you are stationary...As all ground BG objects are moving at same speed as player. when you are actually flying UP and so are the ground and all objects. This allows you to add scene after scene of enemies like in a space shooter. Unique per scene versus spawned. I hope you all get what i did here. lol.
    Anyways, download the free BBDOC file and look. its a little slow, each wave of enemies, but adjust game speed, player speed and adjusting ground speed to match player, will solve this. Enjoy.
    [DOWNLOAD BBDOC]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Danlespect and comicsmathias like this.
  2. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

updated to 2.3.2 just for this and it was worth it!

AppNasty likes this.
  3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

But seriously tho.....games like this could be made. Where instead of you having to spawn enemies outside the scene, you could have endless waves of NEW enemies coming. All with the scene flying forward along with player.

4. Kieran_P

Kieran_P Boxer

that looks like a great idea. the download link isn't working for me, but i will follow your instructions in the post and try to work it out. greta lateral thinking to get to your result.

AppNasty likes this.
  5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I have been using adfly. It WILL work, just adfly takes forever to load for some reason. So after countdown, just wait. It will redirect to download link.
    EDIT: Fixed link. it was linking to old site. Now try.