How To Stop An Action In Bb2.3.1?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Christoph, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Hi guys,

I am trying to do an action and stop it at a specific moment with user interaction. Some versions back I could use just another action and the previous one would stop. Now in 2.3.1 the action keeps running until it finishes. You can pick up several actions and all are running at the same time. This is awesome for most cases, but for what I need right now it's not. Is there a way to stop an action?

Imagine: A character walks through a fire and starts burning. He then keeps walking on fire until he gets to a waterfall. Walking through it the fire turns off.

Any idea?

2. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

I'm looking for this solution too. I have a sound play for 10 seconds when a action is triggered. I have several actions on the screen and if my character hits more than one action then all action sounds will continue to play.

Christoph likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes, I actually want it to work for the animation, but sound would behave the same an it definitely would be nice to have a switch somewhere to decide what happens when a next action gets picked up. Continue to play? or stop immediately? maybe even a third option: fade out image/sfx.

But for now I would need some kind of hack, pretty sure that for sound this doesn't exists, but maybe I'm lucky with the animation part. ... And I just got the tip that with portals the actions are not beamed (a bug) and detach from the character, but unfortunately this doesn't work either because the action animation simply stays behind on the entrance of the portal while the character gets beamed to the other portal. It still plays the animation until the end.

4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

maybe Im getting mixed up with something else but Im sure this has been in a state of flux dependent on the build. If this is what I'm thinking of in some builds the sounds would continue to play until completion regardless of what was happening on screen and in some builds as soon as a new sound was triggered the existing sounds were cut off. Ultimately we need better sound management in Buildbox and I think that is coming in v3.0

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, but version 3 is like 2 years away. So I can't really wait that long lol. :D

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Making a bump to this one since it's what I urgently need. Someone has an idea?