The Cool Cat

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by volcank, Dec 22, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi Guys,

I just published my platformer game which I think I was working for the last 6 months. I created all the graphics and characters and their animations so it took me sometime to set things up. Of course I didn't only concentrate on this game all the way I was making other games in the process too but this was the main one.

It all started with Gizmo (our cat) sleeping right next to me while I was working at night on computer and I created this character inspired by her. Although my character is a he, Gizmo (she is female) was the one always inspired me. And believe it or not the night I was sending the game for a possible feature at apple like 6 weeks ago, right I was filling out the form she came to the living room where I was working, meowed to me and jumped to my table and sat on my hand. Then I hit send button for the feature. Anyway:

Game Features:

100 randomised scenes in Arcade Mode
    40 Levels to beat in Story Mode
    8 unlockable characters to select to

Enjoy The Game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volkankutlubay.coolcat

https://itunes.apple.com/tr/app/the-cool-cat-paws-of-furry/id1271663363?mt=8

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Awesome. But the damn lasers kill me every time... haha.

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

LOL! better get used to them hahaha :)

4. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Looks great man. Awesome work :D

volcank likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you so much also I think your game ninka dive is a cool game. Very good idea hope the best of revenue with high ecpms ;)

AaroArts likes this.
  6. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

Great Game i Play this game and its very funny :)

volcank likes this.
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you i am so happy that you liked the game and you are actually playing it :) good to know that someone is enjoying what I created lol :)

Phoebe likes this.
  8. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

Another question , so you have make Ninja Kid with Buildbox ?

volcank likes this.
  9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

If you are asking the platformer called Ninja Kid vs Zombies I created it with Construct 2 which I started mobile game making. I created “Ninja Kid Knife flip challenge” with Buildbox.

Phoebe likes this.
  10. sebb121

sebb121 Boxer

Love the animations! Great work.

volcank likes this.
  11. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

I try construct 3 and its great for Plattformer easy to use and Bug free ;)

volcank likes this.
  12. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes Construct2 is great but not suitable for mobile environment it is best for HTML games. If you try to make more complex games you will encounter a lot of performance issues. You just don't want to see the virtual coding of Ninja Kid and the things I did there for optimizing the game LOL :)

Phoebe likes this.
  13. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

Ok :) i have Test it for free and the First Look was nice :) . I try at the Moment gamemaker 2 and the First Look ist better as construct :)

volcank likes this.
  14. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

You know Gamemaker looks cool to me! How did you like it so far? Have you build any game with it whether android or apple?? Thanxxx

15. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi guy, @Phoebe @sebb121 @AaroArts @Christoph

Thank you so much for liking my game. I really would appreciate if you could leave a review for my game either at itunes or Android doesn't matter that would be very helpful. As indies we need as much support as we can and I see reviews are the most important thing. I also would love leave a review for your game if you give me the links. Let's see this as a review exchange and indiedev helping each other. What I learned through the process is we can include keyword inside the reviews of our games even Googleplay. So for example for this kind of platformer game you can use keywords like super mario run or any platform game name you can think of. It is weighted as keywords in search both at apple and googleplay. Also if you think of any keywords for your game share withe me and I would use it in my reviews. And yes sometimes we must be shameless to sell our work. LOL

16. Alterman29

Alterman29 Guest

Hi,

First of all, Merry Christmas!:)

I just downloaded your game and I like it. Great design, good music and some great sound effects as well.
    Did you make all assets/design in Photoshop and how about the animations?

Would you mind sharing how you made the Rocket power-up part in the game were it takes of and collection all coins and then "explode" and releases the cat?

Great work and I wish you the best of luck with the game.

Best Regards
    Andreas

volcank likes this.
  17. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi Thank you so much glad you liked the game! yes I created everything in this game but I used different tools. I am actually a 3d animator that is my main proffession so I created the character in 3d which is much easier for me to do it in photoshop or drawing. So I animated and rendered it out so that I can use it in my game. Also the background tiles a rendered 3d objects which I later arrange them in photoshop to be tiled.

Rocket is basically an Action with a rocket sprite in it and you select replace and also set it to gameplay and reverse the gravity that's all. And at the end you place an invisible sprite enemy which spawns another spinning rocket sprite when touched. That sprite's damage needs to be set to 0. Hope you got it and good luck with gamedeveloping!

Volkan

18. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

I see you have marketing skills , maybe a little help from you would be Nice! ;D

volcank likes this.
  19. Yuzifer

Yuzifer Boxer

@volcank Wow! Just checked out your PlayStore games. It seems Ninja Kids vs Zombies is a huge success. Would be helpful if you share your strategies with us. :)

volcank likes this.
  20. Alterman29

Alterman29 Guest

Hi,

Thanks for sharing! Sounds very interesting and I will do something similar with my next game that will include a power-up similar to your rocket.

Best of luck and have a great day!

Best regards
    Andreas

volcank likes this.