Buildbox 2.3 Is Here!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

The problem is only construct 2 (3) makes it better but they offer the program for testing (you have BETA tester for free) only here it is unfortunately different here you have to pay for the BETA test. I know it's a lot of work, but then I don't do a Mastercollection 2 but try to get the buildbox finished. I am also aware that you have to have a lot of people and pay bills, but I don't like to sell unfinished things. if I sell a product in a job and then have to tell the customer I am sorry is broken but they have to pay it but I try to do it sometime I have no customers anymore.

icatt23 likes this.
  2. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

Builldbox just crashed on me so this gives me time to blab on here. What I don't understand is why we are not getting access to BB3.0? I and probably most people on this forum are paying for a subscription, but yet we don't get access to new software. I'm not talking about the Master Collection. Just about every software out there you get updates with a paying subscription. So we have BB 2.3. Littered with crashes and bugs. It's advertised as being for non coders and there is a Youtube video by Buildbox advertising you can make a game in one minute. Yet, you have to jump through hoops and hacks to get it to work. And yes, they seriously dropped the ball with the SDK. I mean how does your team forget about the advertising part. THAT IS THE PART WE NEED THE MOST. All paying supporters should have access to BB 3.0. As a matter of fact all paying subscribers could be as of right now help fixing the bugs in 3.0. But we (paying subscribers) are stuck back here in 2.3 dealing with these bugs. Then in the future when we finally get access to 3.0, guess what. Bugs. Then we are going to be complaining if we haven't already jumped shipped like most people are doing and Trey and his team are going to come on here and try to extinguished the flames and on and on and on it goes. Is Buildbox doomed? Trey, stop dropping the ball man. Give us access to 3.0.

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Thanks for the reply. In all honesty, it would have either been great to have something like this in the current BB, or grant access to just BB 3.0 for subscribers too(outside of the Master Collection).

If BB3.0 clears up many current issues, it makes perfect sense from a consumer point of view(us), but I do understand that you have to look at it from a business view point too.

MattWills likes this.
  4. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Hey @icatt23 BB 3.0 Beta will be available to all paying subscribers. Instead of pushing it out to everyone at once and having to deal with support tickets for 2.3 and now 3.0, they will be pushing out the Beta in phases. I believe MC2 customers are picked first because of it being a smaller group of users, how would they decide who gets 3.0 among all of us paying customers?

I agree with a lot of what you said and the Buildbox team has recognized their mistakes.

5. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Mc 2 people know nothing about buildbox in general how the they are going to be able to report back for bugs and they are big portion of this people still exploring and just start using the software, so be sure when B.B. 3.0 is going to be out it’s going to have plenty of bugs if B.B. moderator didn’t make a good decision about this situation.

icatt23 and Eageron like this.
  6. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

Accurate Observation! People buying MC2 have no core understanding of how to deal with BB and what possibilities, as well as limitations are.. Worse Beta-Testers one can pick..

icatt23 likes this.
  7. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

I admit I was disappointed when I realised that early beta access of BB3 is only being give to MC2 customers initially. I would have liked access to the beta so that I can help to iron any bugs out as to be honest it would good to have as many testers as possible surely. Come on BB extend the beta access to all paying customers.

icatt23 likes this.
  8. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

Every paying customer has had access to all BB 2.x betas. Not sure why that should be different with BB3

icatt23 likes this.
  9. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Paying customers will have access to BB3 Beta

10. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

The thing is by that time it will probably be too late. From what I hearf they are shooting for BB3 release mid year so if only MC2 people get access on the 31st when will we get access and will we have enough time to push it to its limits before release?

11. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

I get what you're saying. But who's to say that it won't be released to us in February? I think that if there aren't any major issues it'll be released to us sooner. MC2 users are not the only ones testing BB3, I'm sure the dev team is also heavily involved even more so because of 2.3 issues.

12. thatguyminib

The thing is about development is that when it comes to testing your own product you are the worst at it and not all to reliable lol. Mainly because you have been working on it and have been so close to it it can give you tunnel vision.

I also started this thread about my worries: https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/buildbox-3-worries.11742/

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    icatt23 likes this.
  13. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

I'm just going to put it out there, but I would love access to 3.0 and help iron out and catch bugs. I'm sure many paying customers will use their own time to help do this. And many of you'll are extremely loyal and have been riding this out a long time. Im still sad that Heath left. He was a tremendous help with Buildbox. And we dont want any one else to leave. Help us, help you, we want Buildbox to be great too. I'm going be extremely dissapointed if and when we have 3.0 and its has major problems like these last updates.

14. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

Does somebody know how to build a working .apk with Android Studio?

My App crashes always at 98% loading.
    I don't use Game service (Leaderboard) and i also have updated all API's..

Has anyone made a successful running app with BB 2.3 and Android Studio?

Or is there a way to sign the apk without Android Studio? Because it looks like it is not possible to import in Eclipse..

15. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Andy said you can export it if you use amazon.

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That sounds like a problem with atlases. How many do you have? If it is above 2 you should worry, if it is above 6 the possibility to get crashes is very high.

17. thatguyminib

Wasn't Heath the one that did the create your game series with Glitch? Whatever happened to him?

18. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

Hi, no its a update of a existing app, i have only one atlas.
    The problem is definitely with Android Studio, because on iOS everything works fine

Christoph likes this.
  19. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

Hi, do you mean export for amazon to use eclipse?
    But i think amazon have different API‘s, so inApp purchase should not work when i export as Amazon build...

20. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

How Long for fix all in 2.3 ? 1 or six month ? For 2.31 ?

Member_Game, Lamora and comicsmathias like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.