Color Switch

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Machine Rises, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Hey thanks @Andy I appreciate that :)
    @Christoph thanks man I'm always floating around checking the forums here and there.
    @AndyG thanks buddy!

I have a lot of exciting developments I'll share with you guys soon. A few new developments I can share now are that my publishing contract is ending on the 15th of December and that I will be taking full control of Color Switch going forward. I have a rock star team of
    programmers, business development people, and artists. We will be coming out with a sequel, and a variety of Color Switch spin offs this next year. I'll be happy to share my new perspectives and things I've learned the past two years so that hopefully you guys can get a few great take aways for your own success going forward.

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

This is excellent.
    I’m very excited to see what comes in the future.
    I can’t wait to hear more about your journey too.
    Exciting times :D

3. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Machine Rises When your contract is finished, can you tell us the revenue you guys made with color switch? THANKS! :D

4. lqur

lqur Boxer

Woot?? Why do you need that info?
    And if you knew the exact amount, what would it change?

5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

The ransom demand after David is kidnapped ;)

and249 and ZackGriset like this.
  6. lqur

lqur Boxer

BRILLIANT!

7. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Iqur
    Just to know how much you can take with a game that has more than 100 Milion downloads lol ;).
    I am very shocked to know that @Machine Rises is going to work with a rockstar team cause they got paid very much as i know and i think he is going to put on market some real stuf after color switch i this gives me the strength to developer games! " We are working on 4 Unity 3d Games actually" and i want to get the same success a little bit lower but to be a successful team. ;)

adrogdesigns likes this.
  8. Machine Rises

Guys I can tell you right now that I'll never be sharing any financial information about this game or anything else I do. Not only will that not help you but what any of us make in our jobs is not anyone's business but ours. Your main concern should be becoming as great a game designer as you can. If you make a great game and you partner with a great publisher then you will do very well trust me. Money should not be on your mind. When I made Color Switch and every game before that my daily actions were on developing my game design skills as well as my creative skills. Sure I wanted to make a living doing this full time but worrying about how much I could make would have done me no good. Daily action towards improving my creative thinking and game design skills was what I focused on and that is what you need to focus on because anything beyond that will come if you lay down this essential foundation.;)

If I were you guys I would take hold of the great opportunity you have with Build Box. You could make a game every day if you set that as a goal. The more games you make and the more quickly you make them the closer you get to your goal of making a great game. Going through the process many times is how you will come to that goal. At the same time make sure you are putting new information into your brain every day so that you have new actions and improved creations. Your brain needs daily food other wise your results will not change. Change the way you think to change what you create.

9. Machine Rises

I'm sure you guys will hear word eventually so here is the message from the link below:

The past two years have been an amazing ride for Color Switch and we are so grateful for all of our loyal fans and players. As of December 22nd, the Color Switch app will be taken down by our former publisher because they are holding our game hostage. We've worked very hard to avoid this situation and we are very sorry to let you, our players, down.

We are a small independent game studio that believes games should be about fun for everyone and not just about business. To all artists, builders, students, dreamers, creators and pioneers, there are times in life where you have to make a stand for what you know is right. This is one of those times for Color Switch.

Every action begins with a thought. We never could have imagined our journey would take us around the world meeting players of all ages who love our game. Our team is so thankful for all your support and we are ready to bring you even more in 2018! We thank you for your patience while we put the finishing touches on our next game. Please go to www.colorswitch.co to enter your contact information so we can let you know when Color Switch is available again along with our new titles!

Sincerely,

The Color Switch Team

https://colorswitch.co

10. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

@Machine Rises It is of course one of the best games on store and i enjoyed playing it and am still playing it :) .This game really showed brilliant techniques to use buildbox and i wish you all the best for your upcoming games.
    If one door shuts another 100 will open.So Good Luck.

Machine Rises likes this.
  11. Machine Rises

FYI Color Switch isn't going anywhere it's just down temporarily. I own 100% of the IP and this had to be done for me to be 100% independent.;)

AaroArts and TheGameAppStudio like this.
  12. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

The website works for me and I submitted my info.

I’m sorry you’ve had trouble with Color Switch but I’m glad you’re sorting it.
    Keep up the great work :D

14. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Well said :cool:

Hope it all pans out as you hope dude, good luck :)

Machine Rises likes this.
  15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Sad to hear that there are differences. I must admit though, I was surprised to hear you had only a 2 years contract. Umbrella does 5 years others even 10. So I guess this was a mistake by Fortafy? Hope everything works out and that there won’t be any hard feelings in the end. Color Switch is THE game to look up to. The good thing that will come out of this is that it will get more free publicity I guess. Definitely interested in more information if there is any to share.

16. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

hey @Machine Rises that contact form is missing the recaptcha - you will get a lot of spam in that way.. I can help you with that. If you're interested. send me a PM

17. sebb121

sebb121 Boxer

I was wondering why I could not find it on the App store yesterday.

18. DarkSide110902

DarkSide110902 Boxer

What is being done about those clones that have popped up? Are they not willing to remove them?

19. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

There’s too many.
    Color Switch is probably the second most cloned game :(

20. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer