Maze Of Mine - It's Classic Snake Meets Pacman!

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by nico, Jul 12, 2017.

1. nico

nico Boxer

Hi Fellow Boxers (and briefs:p),

I made a free game with (I hope) minimally invasive ads.
    I'd love to hear feedback from you all on my arcade game and would like to update with your thoughts!

Description:

- You are the keeper of time.

- The Maze is an ever-changing platform you are sworn to protect. Do not fall off the platform.

- Mines want the power of time for themselves. They have come to destroy you.

- Time Crystals float freely through The Maze. Absorb them and time speeds up! Harness many to morph your appearance.

iOS:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/maze-of-mine/id1252527446?ls=1&mt=8

Android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incipia.mazeswiper&hl=en

Attached Files:

Christoph and blad300 like this.
  2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

great game. this is cool.
    got the swipe working nicely.
    missing a restart button?
    i think with some nice UI's with a bit of animation, and some graphics enhancements, this game would be awesome.
    Theres not much wrong with what you got, but i just don't like the end game UI, and the start game UI.
    would probably look nicer with the UI's having there own background, instead of the game field as a back.
    good luck with it.

nico likes this.
  3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

This is a great concept :D
    Looks awesome. Can't wait to try it out. Good luck.

nico likes this.
  4. nico

nico Boxer

Thanks for the feedback @playsgames6666 !
    I was going for super minimal UI but I'm always looking for ways to improve. If you have any more specific recommendations let me know! I think I'll mess around with a new background for the UI like you said. What is it about the end game and start game UI that you don't like?

@AaroArts thanks for the reply! Let me know if you have any feedback when you give it a play.

5. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

i love the game,
    i get what your going for, maybe its just the retry or replay button is not there,
    maybe you could go the same blue background as the game, on the game over UI, set the opacity to 70 or 60, maybe.

nico likes this.
  6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I agree with @playsgames6666.
    Great game, just needs a UI at the start and end of the game.

Maybe have a plain colour for a start UI, then a darkened game scene using opacity at the end.
    Also, I'd have the character menu on the Game Over UI.
    It took me a while to realise it was there.
    People will be more likely to try and unlock characters if they see them directly at Game Over :)

nico and playsgames6666 like this.
  7. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Your screenshot in Google Playstore is using an iPhone. It would be good if you can use an android phone instead as Google and Apple DO NOT like each other and sometimes your app can be suspended over this very minor issue when their reviewers do check your app. Just a heads up for you ;)

8. nico

nico Boxer

@Rebel Studios can't we all just get along?! Haha thanks for the tip. I've updated the screenshots in the google play store with an android device. Thanks for checking out my game!

@playsgames6666 and @AaroArts I really appreciate your feedback! I've released a new update with changes you both mentioned. Thank you for helping me improve my game. Let me know if the changes are satisfying!

AaroArts and Rebel Studios like this.