Heyzap Mediation Sdk 10 Android/eclipse [tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, Jan 9, 2017.

1. minibraun

minibraun Boxer

Yes, I have the same problem, after all ads have been disabled in the Heyzaps Mediation Settings, ads still keep popping up in screens where the Ad frequency is set to zero. This wasn't a problem further back. I guess something changed on hayzaps side.

As a workaround, go to Fyber page and log in. You will find additional settings there. Find your game and choose Ad Format > Interstitial and turn them off from there.

This way you will be able to use reward videos without random interstitials popping up, and where interstitials are needed just use Admob instead of Heyzap (they can work side by side).

At least that's, what I did.
    Cheers

Eageron likes this.
  2. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

Tested and it actually worked!!!!!!!! Highly recommended! This fixes the problem with the disappearing of the banner! Confirmed!

3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi guys anyone experiencing the problem called multiple dex files. I had the same problem and the following part that I missed caused this.

IMPORTANT: If you use Vungle, you also will notice that you now have two dagger.jar files in the libs folder. Delete the older one (dagger-1.2.2.jar).

---->You do the above procedure inside eclipse and delete the old one under libs folder not from the folder inside your computer<----

Once you delete the old dagger-1.2.2.jar file you won't have the same problem. I hope I won't also have in future. I could integrate admob,chartboost,unity and vungle through heyzap following @Christoph 's tutorial. Thank you so much @Christoph . You are the man!

Christoph likes this.
  4. s27565761

s27565761 Boxer

Hi thank you for the tutorial, but my interstitial ad doesn't show up, banners are really slow to show up, sometimes in mediation network won't connect to some ad publisher sometimes does, i'm installed with sdk 9 BB2.28, sdk 10 shows all red in mediation, I have checked and installed countless times..

5. s27565761

s27565761 Boxer

finally get it working like charm, remember to export to apk and test on your phone, interstitial ad is not showing through eclipse simulator or RUN through eclipse.

Christoph likes this.
  6. Hiro

Hiro Boxer

Hey everyone, first of all I would like to thank @Christoph for taking the time for these tutorials. Now I have followed this everything goes smoothly until I try to export to APK. I get the errors:
    dex loader unable to execute dex: method ID not in [0, 0xffff]: 65536
    R.java was modified manually! Reverting to generated version

I have tried multiple times and if i don't do anything with heyzap sdk it works perfectly. I have picked Admob for my ads in Buildbox but they still aren't showing. I have Published my app and people are starting to download it so I need to somehow fix this as soon as possible.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Christoph Hi! Now I am living a weird problem with Heyzap! Seems I can not show Admob ads. I followed your tutorial but seems it is not showing any banner ads at all! Do you have any ideas?? I tested with both test ids and real ids nothing. At IOS everything works fine but not at android.

8. bioded

bioded Boxer

Can not configure the heyzap, the test mode is green, and when you try to test the advertisement in the test mode - it gives an error - "fetching interstitial, ad currently not avaible", in not test mode - ads not showing, working only rewarded video... Someone help me please!!!

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If you get the error: def loader unable to execute dex: method ID not in [0, 0xffff]: 65536 when compiling your APK, then it’s because there are now too many methods in your project (Heyzap + 3d parties + Google Play Services + etc). In Eclipse there is no way to use multiplex so you need to delete some methods. The easiest way to do this is to delete some of the Google Play Services:
    1. go to the google-play-service-lib project folder (in your explorer/finder)
    2. go to the libs folder
    3. unzip the file google-play-services.jar (you can change the ending to zip)
    4. go in the the unzipped folder and remove all folders that you don't need (for example: maps, wallet, drive, etc.)
    5. zip the folder again and change the ending again to jar
    6. use the new jar with your project

Note: make first a backup of the original folder just in case you mess up.

We would need much more specific details about what you do and what not to help. My quick guess it's a geo location problem. Try to use a VPN and check if you have ads in the US.

bioded likes this.
  10. bioded

bioded Boxer

Yes, with VPN ads works fine, but i have 2 ads - unity and admob, unity works perfect, but admob - not working...

volcank likes this.
  11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@bioded i am living the same issue with you, I can not show admob ads no matter what I do. All.the other networks are working fine but not admob. Also with sdk10 my fillrate is much better for rewarded ads but with 9 is almost terrible. Most of the time my buttons for rewardes video ad are not visible.on my game ui. Do you live the same issue?

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Have you written to Heyzap and asked about the fillrates? I mean that shouldn't be an issue at all. Does it reflect in the statistics? Does it affect impressions as well?

13. bioded

bioded Boxer

I'm currently talking with a programmer, I want to integrate Appodeal, can you add me at skype? Nick - bioded666

14. usman911

usman911 Boxer

Has anyone had the issue with banners not showing? Interstitials work fine. When i test with test suite everything is green and banners are being fetched but when i run the game the banner does not show. Anyone have any ideas? It's really weird.

15. DevPiyush

DevPiyush Boxer

Yes i am facing the same problem but i don't know how to correct it :-(

16. usman911

usman911 Boxer

Hi, i found a solution that worked for me. I was testing on the emulator and not getting banners. Once i switched to testing on a device everything is working perfect.

17. Ravel21

Ravel21 Boxer

Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Lcom/heyzap/common/concurrency/AbstractFuture$Sync;

when I run my app it shows up...
    what is the problem ?

18. Ravel21

Ravel21 Boxer

admob ad won't show after fetching.....?

19. Ravel21

Ravel21 Boxer

Unable to execute dex: method ID notin[0,0xffff]:65536
    Conversion to Dalvik format failed:Unable to execute dex: method ID notin[0,0xffff]:65536

what should i do...???

20. Ravel21

Ravel21 Boxer

Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Ldagger/Lazy;
    what is the problem..??