How Not To Spawn Right Away!!!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, Feb 1, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi I have an enemy in my scene and I would like it to spawn a bomb into a scene to kill my character but when the game starts it spawns right away. I set the spawn to permanent and rate to 10. But even like that it spawn right when the game stars. Is there a way to make the enemy wait and spawn like every 10 seconds or so. Like the game Ninja Fruit. The fruits are thrown into the air but after a while a bomb is thrown. I would like to make it but don't know how. Thank you!

2. NinjaInParis

NinjaInParis Boxer

Hi, what was the solution to this?

volcank likes this.
  3. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

Add a "Wake up" based by distance, and when character is enough close to it, it will be wake and then start to spawn!
    If you want a ninja fruit game, you need a lot of imagination

volcank likes this.
  4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you but I want my enemy which is a spaceship to go right and left and efter around a few seconds and then fire etc. if I use wake up then the spaceship will be seen as freezed in the air which is not what i want.

5. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

Use wake up and spawner for enemy bullets, not also the spaceship, spaceship can have a path...

volcank likes this.
  6. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

@Andy Spawners should have a delay timer option

7. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

+1 for this option

volcank likes this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thanx I will give it a try. ah yes path can be a nice option for the spaceship.

9. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

make things happen off screen and use logic pieces to move your enemies very slowly until it's time for them to show up, then you can use logic pieces to "choreograph" your waves

this kind of logic piece choreography can last several scenes... this isn't exactly what you're doing, but this solution I came up with for intermittent obstacles might spark some ideas for you

...make an obstacle disappear / reappear? [SOLVED - Video]

Mr Goodcat and volcank like this.
  10. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you @heathclose that looks really nice only I need to watch the video a couple of times to figure out what is happening totally. But that is really cool. Seems we can make nice Boss Scenes this way.

11. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hey, thanks @heathclose, this just helped me out with a 10 second delayed character death, nice tip - cheers :)

heathclose likes this.
  12. meremy

meremy Avid Boxer

When I experimented with this, bullets that come from outside the screen to try and created a "random" pattern I encountered the same problem, first bullet always comes at start and again after 10 seconds permanent. I remember I placed another static bullet in front of it to stop the first one and then spawn normally.

One thing I did was, when the bullet comes into screen it enters a Transform which gives him very slow speed and after 1-2 seconds it touches another transform which gives it the real speed. That way you can create the *warning effect*. The player sees that bullet and knows it's coming from there and can avoid it in time