How Can I Move My Character A Specific Distance Through Scenes

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by gidibs, Mar 31, 2017.

1. gidibs

gidibs Boxer

Help I need to move my character a specific distance through scenes with one touch of a button or screen. i.e. I need my character to end up in the middle of my scene each time I press the movement button(all my scenes are the same size and shorter than the length of the screen (200)).

2. meremy

meremy Avid Boxer

One simple way to do that (if you don't have Gravity in your game) is to play with an object. Make the object "your character" and the character can be linked inside it so you can grab stars and such. All the advance movements you transfer them from character to object and you can stop him with Transform tool.

3. gidibs

gidibs Boxer

Thanks meremy, I've tried this but both the "object" and the actual character doesn't stop. Although, it feels like the object is stopping but the actual character keeps dragging it along. Please help, what can I do stop the actual character from dragging the object.

4. meremy

meremy Avid Boxer

Make the link from Object to Character. The character should have no other movements other than what the object has. When the object stops so will the character