Can anyone tell that why BB publishing is only targeted to iOS and why not the Android?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by iappreneur, Nov 20, 2015.

1. iappreneur

iappreneur Boxer

I have been following BB and Trey Smith more then an year now, I noticed Trey always had an influence for his customers to go on as many Platforms as they can for launching there Game? So why BB Publishing is targeting Only the iOS?

2. Newee

Newee Boxer

Often you earn more money publishing the game to iOS. There's many more that downloads your app, and plays it more often than Android devices. And later when they've earned enough money, they might publish it to other platforms to earn even more money. Atleast I would definately do that.

But going for iOS is way more expensive than going for Android if you're publishing it by yourself if I'm not wrong.
    Going for Apple costs 200-400$/year, and Android is 25$/one time.

*Note that my information could be wrong, as I'm just saying this from the top of my head*

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Apple costs 99 USD /year. It is more expensive yes, but not as much as you say.

The reason there is no Android publishing right now is probably because there are several crash related problems. Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Newee

Newee Boxer

Well, that shocked me. I thought it was way more expensive! That just made my day :)

5. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

Hi guys, we do have plans to publish to other platforms such as Google Play and Amazon however, we are currently working exclusively with the Apple platform during our launch phase. I believe expanding to other markets is a great way to grow your business and Buildbox makes this easy with the build once deploy everywhere strategy. Keep an eye out for our games on the Google Play store coming soon...

qfup and ajcoryat like this.
  6. pukaw888

pukaw888 Boxer

i read in one info blog somewhere that to publish your game in IOS iTunes you get paid in one month from your game's downloads/ads fees, while in android after three months, to register for one year is $.99 and requires for your game to be approved. That is why when your game is already doing well with IOS format...you can now publish your game for Android devices/Google, to register for one year is only $.25...which i understand no need for your games to wait for their approval. Though there is no problem publishing on both devices IOS and Android if you are ready to do so.