Bounce Force

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Michelle1988, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Michelle1988

Michelle1988 Boxer

Hi,

I am working on my first game and I am struggling with bounce force. See video:

I want to achieve that character will bounce with same force whatever he hits grey ground or green platform. Currently character is bouncing with enough power only when hits the ground.

Grey ground is classic object.
    Green is set as action - strike.

Can you please help me?

2. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Do you have the green as an action? Why make them an action? Just make them regular platforms and if you are wanting to count the platform actions, make the actions transparent and behind the platform or right above.

You also need to make the particle effect "free" so it doesn't follow the character when you move.

3. Michelle1988

Michelle1988 Boxer

The green object is set as action, because so far I don't know how to do it with normal object when character hits the platform to have this particle effect.

Actually for particle effect I am not using directly particle effect function, but separate objects in action animation.

Here is the setup:[​IMG]

4. Michelle1988

Michelle1988 Boxer

Is it even to possible to have platform which after contact with main character will spread out to several peaces and bounce effect will persist?

I tried to put green platform as enemy etc but nothing works with bounce effect.

5. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Yes, ad health to your object, set it to zero ad damage to your character set it high (100) so when you collide it will destroy the platform and hopefully create the bounce of it you want.
    Somewhere on the forum, a long while back someone showed how to. try search the forum if you get stuck.

6. Michelle1988

Michelle1988 Boxer

Solution can be found here.