Exported To Ios, Preview On Simulator Gives Low Fps

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by roosevelt, Oct 29, 2016.

1. roosevelt

roosevelt Boxer

Hi Boxers,

I am relatively close to releasing my iOS game to the iPhone and the iPad. As usual, I exported the game to iOS format and ran it through Xcode.

It started like a charm :). However, the FPS is horrendous on the simulator.

Is there any way to speed it up?

When I play the game through BuildBox, it works great, but on the Simulator it's quite sluggish. Is it the simulator or do you think the issue will persist on the actual iOS device? :eek:

I haven't tested on a real iPhone yet but thought I'd ask.

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

You need to test on actual device.
    Xcode Simulator is horrible for testing games. slow frame rates etc.
    So yea test on your device.
    Its a better practice to be doing as well, then you know how it looks and plays and scales.

roosevelt and Nihat like this.
  3. roosevelt

roosevelt Boxer

You were right. I ended up testing the Game with TestFlight app on my iPhone and it runs flawlessly :). Surprisingly, the Android Simulator uses the Host GPU, so no issues with FPS there :). You'd think XCode would support something like that out of the box -_-

playsgames6666 likes this.
  4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

You can just connect the iPhone to your Mac with the Lightning cable and select the phone instead of the simulator and hit Run -- No need TestFlight, you can test your stuff 300 times and hour (well, there are no limits, just wanted to be dramatic here :) ). That is why you do not need a fast simulator, you can just use the real deal...

roosevelt and playsgames6666 like this.