Health Bar Tutorial Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by VectologyGames, Jun 18, 2016.

1. glamzey

glamzey Boxer

I've spent the last few hours in this thread, and I still can't figure it out... what am I missing here?

iSammy likes this.
  2. roy

roy Boxer

Great hack by @VectologyGames. Using the font works just perfect. Is there any way to use coins/points in conjunction with enemy bullets? I have an enemy bullet which has a permanent spawner attached to it. I would like the player to lose 1 coin when the bullet hits the character object.

3. roy

roy Boxer

Christoph likes this.
  4. ameliajane_gordon

ameliajane_gordon Boxer

Hi everyone, need a little help regarding the health bar hack. I've managed to set up everything according to the tutorial except there's a glitch once the character dies after taking points from the enemy. The player is forever on a loop since the the death/game over is also tied to the character reaching "10" points. Is there a way to reset it when the player continues the game?

5. babochi

babochi Boxer

great 5/5

6. Mahes KC

Mahes KC Boxer

@VectologyGames Awesome, man. You did it with a Font! Waiting for the tutorial :)

7. anonymos7

anonymos7 Boxer

Thank you so much this so helpful

8. minibraun

minibraun Boxer

I'm trying something similar, but with a countdown. It all works as planned except for the checkpoints.
    Every time I restart from the checkpoint bb remembers the number of coins/points the player had when achieving it.
    Is there a way, to reset the number of coins/points on "Restart Checkpoint", to give the player full health when checkpoint restarted?

9. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

Don't know if you figured it out yet. But I got it to work. I added negative reward points on the Restart Checkpoint action I had set up. I gave it a -8 because the restart gives you 1 hit back. At least I think. The graphic looks right when I restart checkpoint.

Hope that helps.

10. minibraun

minibraun Boxer

I switched to levels approach instead of using checkpoints.
    Because you can't know when the player will set the checkpoint. So if the player sets the checkpoint at -8 seconds, and you reset the checkpoint with -10, you will get -18, instead of the desired -10.

Also, it would be nice for the player to get additional time when setting the checkpoint. but when I do that, the player gets the same extra time even when resetting the checkpoint, which is bad.

TLDR, lots of problems. Leaving it for now.

bentforktech likes this.
  11. SpencerKMcGee

SpencerKMcGee Boxer

Has anyone else ran into issues with the health bar and trying to use invincibility as an action. In my game the character can get hit by an enemy bullet 3 times before dying. I wanted to use invincibility as a power-up for a given amount of time, when I test it however, it still takes health away