New To Buildbox Help

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by toroidalgames, Oct 15, 2016.

1. toroidalgames

toroidalgames Boxer

Hi all,

I'm new to buildbox and currently following a trial I can see it has huge potential but Im feeling abit lost. I've just finished watching the Make Your Own Game 10 part series which has helped but still feel quite lost and experiencing alot of bugs. When ever I collect coins on my version of glitch there is no coins available in the shop or pause menu but when I added an unlock image it allowed me to unlock the other characters if I had enough coins.

I have also found that if I dont have enough money to purchase the characters I cant come off the unlock image which fills the screen. Is there any more indept tutorials on exporting to different devices and how to include ads as Ive been unable to find any tutorials that go into step by step detail.

Is it possible to import a sprite sheet rather than multiple individual images for animations. Would love to know your experiences with buildbox and hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

With the coins, you have to set them up for your game. Total coins collected, or coins for a session etc. You need to set this for every coin collection label.

Also, make sure that you've set your coin to give a reward of 1 coin or whatever you want. And you can't import sprite sheets.

3. toroidalgames

toroidalgames Boxer

Thanks for the reply I've fixed the coin labels,still having an issue with using them to unlock a character it isnt allowing me to do so unless I also set a unlock button. Would like to know if anyone has come across tutorials that come go through exporting and adding adds in more detail.

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You must use a character unlock button for characters. But importantly, make sure that you set the character to game currency to unlock and set it to 1 coin for testing purposes.