Bash Box

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by GTE Games, Oct 13, 2016.

1. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Great and thanks for the promo code. I took JJ9T9WAXKT4N. Will let you know what I think asap. :D

GTE Games and superjack765 like this.
  3. superjack765

superjack765 Avid Boxer

is pixel game?

GTE Games likes this.
  4. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Yes, the objects and character are all pixelated. When you hit an object, it breaks into many other pixelated pieces.

The pieces are physics objects, which the bonus game Slip makes use of as seen towards the end of the trailer.

5. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

@GTE Games I took N34TMLEJANP6. I love the UI very much. It makes your game high quality. I can't understand the gameplay at first. Then, I found that I have to avoid red obstacles. Music is awesome... Good luck :)

GTE Games likes this.
  6. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

@Ishamahes
    Thanks, glad you like it.
    I made directions that people can get to by clicking on the yellow questions mark. I was hoping that would ease any confusion.

Ishamahes likes this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

So I had the time to play a little and I like it a lot, BUT as Ishamahes already said, I really had a hard time to understand how to play the game. And I swear there are some red objects than don't kill me. Actually playing a little more, I still don't get the logic of the gameplay. You definitely need a start tutorial for this game if you want people not to de-install it right away. The two game mechanics are fantastic and I like the colors and sound effects as well. All around it seems very polished. Congrats.

8. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

@Christoph Glad you like the mechanics, colors and sounds... I spent some time on those parts. I was very pleased. The bonus games are pretty great too. @trudnai was a Beta tester and said he could play the bonus game Pivot all day. :)

For the game play... We know how we all get absorbed into our own games and everything makes sense to us. :) So, I had a couple people play it, and they said the same thing as you guys. I did create the directions section based on that feedback, and wanted to force the users into going through it once, the first time they play the game... however, a bug (or lack of feature I guess) only allows the "Redirect" event observer to work once per App. Meaning I can not say, show the Joystick Directions only one time... then show the Slip Game directions only one time... I have to choose... you can only use that thing once. I definitely didn't want to make the users watch the directions every time. (I put the redirect issue in as a bug, and Sean said he added as a change request for next version)

Tried using the set checkpoint, but that only worked until the player goes back to the mode select... then they have to watch the directions again. (annoying for the player)

At the end of the day... I was kind of forced into what you see now. It shows where the sound is (because of previous sound bug), and where the directions button is. Then that's never shown again. My hope is that players will click the bright yellow question mark if they can not figure it out.

9. Zaola_

Zaola_ Boxer

Hello! I have used the code, RL77P7W9KJY7.

My thoughts are pretty much this game is good, I like the sound which is a big plus since on 90% of the games I play I completely mute it because the sounds are bad. The UI I feel is clutter but I think this art style isn't my cup of tea as I like more modern designs, not pixel art. The game itself is really nice and works really well. I had a little confusion though on the tutorial because I thought it was the actual game and was wondering why it was ending so soon. :p I hope your game gets on the charts!

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It probably is just a little overwhelming at first and the different modes are too different from one to another which makes everything much more complicated. I probably would have gone and made different games out of it. As trudnai says, you can play Pivot for itself and as a bonus game it somehow gets lost.

Another thing you could try is to make a hierarchy for every game. So on the start screen you can choose from different arcade machines. Each machine has its own game and once you select it you are in an independent circuit of UIs with the option to exit and go back to the main menu. Right now it is very confusing that you select Pivot and then go to the question mark and all game modes appear. This way you also could make a tutorial for each machine that only appears the first time. The event observers work now very good. I have set them up as well.

11. cdspy2000

cdspy2000 Boxer

i can use RL77P7W9KJY7

12. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

13. russellartista

russellartista Boxer