Character auto move, hit wall and turns 180 and continue auto moving?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by clin407, May 24, 2016.

1. clin407

clin407 Boxer

I'd like to make it so the character keeps moving back and forth, turning around each time it hits a wall. I would do a path but there will be additional platforms for the character to jump. The only control the user will have is to jump.

Given a scene where the platform is like this: platform.png

How can I make it so when it hits the columns on either side, for it to reverse direction? I currently have my options set so it automatically moves right with a linear velocity of 50 but when it hits the platform, it doesn't start moving left. I assumed having the linear velocity equal -1 and set it to multiply would make it -50 and then to have it happen when it collides with a platform would allow it to work but it does not. See my options here for my character:

options.png

Even if it does work though, it does not solve the problem of flipping the character image. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I want to do?

2. clin407

clin407 Boxer

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I've been able to figure out how to get it moving back and forth using actions (set action to gameplay and mess with linear velocity/gameplay direction) but the issue is I can't seem to get the image to flip AND get get it to jump properly as well.

3. Chris422

Chris422 Boxer

did you figure this out? I am having the same issue! I can get them to flip but unable to allow the character to jump. Only way I could get the character to jump was to apply timeout on it but then the flipped character also times out obviously. I dont get it.

4. clin407

clin407 Boxer

No sadly I have not.

5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Have you adjusted the 'Scale' for the direction you wish to go. So a scale of -1 / 1 - would flip the character from facing right to left. But for directional change in the Advanced Move, you will need to drop in character animations facing that direction - or drop in your current animation and adjust the scale to -1 /1

6. Chris422

Chris422 Boxer

Can you post an example I am struggling with this. Like I said I above I used a wall with a negative collision velocity that turns the character but then the jump is disabled after hitting the wall.

7. Chris422

Chris422 Boxer

Dang so you have up on the game.. uhhhg I must try again.