Build For Google With Android Studio

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by calvacharles, Jul 13, 2016.

1. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

First time developing a game and uploading an app in general, so going through the learning curve.

The question is, can the build for android only be done through eclipse? or can it be done through Android Studio?

With the outmost respect, please answer only if its a straight forward answer, do not give me a link of the guide, because I've been through it and is just too basic.

Thanks & Best of luck with your projects!

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, before, BB it was not compatible with Android Studio. Currently I do not know, I think if supported, technical support will indicate that you use Eclipse, the reason is that if something works, it is better not change it.

As always, if anyone has doubts create an APK, you can send me a PM to connect (Teamviewer) and help you.

3. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hey,
    You can import Eclipse Project into Android Studio.
    You will need to choose Import Project (Eclipse ADT Gradle.etc) -> Choose Your Project -> On Next Widows click OK and Next checking all fields -> Choose your SDK, use 6.0 or above -> Wait till import is finished.

Export from BB1 and BB2 does to come with Gradle but you can import it into Android Studio, it will be best if you make all change first in Eclipse and then import into Android Studio to avoid all errors that can come up.

4. cyber-Geek

cyber-Geek Boxer

Sir, I'm using BB 1.3.6. I'm having trouble getting its APK using Android Studio, I'm getting error:
    Error:(13, -1) android-apt-compiler: [android] E:\AndroidStudioProjects\A_Projects\FYP-v1-1\android\AndroidManifest.xml:13: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version'). Can you please help/advice. Thank you for your precious time..

5. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, can you send me a PM to connect (Teamviewer) and help you?.

6. Project K Studios

Project K Studios Boxer

Wow thats awesome! Think you could help me too sometime? I've only built games for iOS as I'm not able to get any of them on android. I always come across some sort of error. If you're not able to help thats cool, can't blame me for trying =)

7. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Christoph likes this.
  8. Project K Studios

Project K Studios Boxer

9. cyber-Geek

cyber-Geek Boxer

Hello, Boxers,
    I'm having problem attaching Google Play Game Services with my Game using BB 1.3.6, JDK 7, I've published my Game on Google Play game Services but when I test my game on a Physical Device it says Google Play Game Services misconfigured. Anyone's help/assistance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

10. woonza

woonza Boxer

For BB2 2.2.5 I had a small issue with the Google Play Game Services I am not sure if this is relevant but for the future if you get this problem here is the solution.

If you import it in Android studio the support-v4-19.0.1.jar does not contain the ArrayMap.java what GoogleApiClient uses will throw an Exception Error
    solution either create this folder structure in your src folder
    android\support\v4\util
    and find ArrayMap.java in your sdk and add it to your util folder
    see bellow example
    C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\sources\android-23\android\support\v4\util\ArrayMap.java

I hope this clear up a few things let me know if you need more help