Export??? What To Do Next...

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Alienone, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

Hello to all, So I am new to Buildbox and have been doing very well with making my first game with it, and Appreciate ALL the help I have been getting on this forum. You Guys are AWESOME!

So my next question is, which I can not seem to find any videos on it, or help with is... What to do after you Export your game?

When you Export it to Android, does that make it an APK?

I have a Google Developers account, and understand everything with uploading the games APK so I kind of have an idea somewhat of what I'm doing, LOL!...

So I'm trying to figure out, how after exporting my finished Buildbox game from there, to getting it in the Playstore, iTunes, etc...

Many Thanks Again

2. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

3. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

Oh... So I need Eclipse to make it an APK :confused:

I'm Technical, but not that Technical, LOL! Going to have to go over it and hope I can figure it all out :rolleyes:

Many Thanks Again Nihat Muradzade

Nihat likes this.
  4. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

5. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

Thanks jcalle, trying to do it now myself... what a nightmare... Buildbox is ABOVE and BEYOND Misleading... Don't get me wrong, LOVE the software, but no where to they explain what you have to do to make it an actual APK, to make a game... Very sad, the BuildBox Guides are really no help, as it mentions what I need, but is not helping me put it all together, plus it looks like some stuff has been updated, so I hope It will still all work. Wish BuildBox would have put a complete training video together from Start to Finish on setting up Eclipse and exporting the game... :(

If I really get more stuck then I already am, I will PM you jcalle really Appreciate the help.

6. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

Hi jcalle, so I'm Pretty happy so far, as I was able to install Eclipse and the Android SDK watching your link video http://buildbox.com/forum/index.php...pse-java-and-android-sdk-video-tutorial.2794/ Thanks so much for that, so my next question is, how and where does the ADT Bundle get installed in Eclipse?

MANY, MANY, THANKS AGAIN :)

7. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, I think it is not necessary ADT.

Only Java JDK,
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/es/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html
    Eclipse
    Android SDK.

If you need help, contact me by PM to connect to your PC remotely (Teamviewer)

8. roy

roy Boxer

9. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

Thanks roy, its just a little more then just doing that... if your not techy, it is a little over whelming, but I am starting to make progress with it :)

10. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

11. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

So I got it to work!!! Want to thank everyone again!!! I have the game now on my phone and I am testing it out!!! :):):):)
    I'm just having 2 issues...

Issue 1: After the game is over, and goes to the End Game screen, it will not exit the screen, back button on phone does not work to leave game... I then tried to add a navigation button to exit at the end of the game, still does not work?...

Issue 2: I signed up to Chartboost, using interstitial ads, in Settings in Buildbox, what should be the frequency, don't understand that part... So I set it to 3... I notice that on my phone right now, The ad is in the right place, but only show up once in a while?...

MANY, MANY THANKS AGAIN!:cool::)

blackswan likes this.
  12. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Issue 1: Couldn't understand. What do you mean with "it will not exit the screen". You can't go to game over UI or Main Menu UI??
    Issue 2: If you set Ad Interstitial or banner freq. to 3 it means you should visit 3 times in order to see that ad. I mean after visiting that UI 3 time you will see one ad

13. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

So Issue 2, got it, understand now, and changed it, and it works the way I want it to now, THANKS :cool:

Issue 1, I made the APK for my game... I downloaded the APK on my phone... when I play the game on my phone and it is over/ends, I can not exit the game on my phone... back button on my phone does not work, I even added an exit button on the "game over" screen... nothing, the only way to exit the game is to close the window on my phone by hitting the "home key" button or the "recent apps" button on my phone to close the game app.

Hope that explains it a little better :) Thanks Again, appreciate the help.

14. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Ok, so on mobile platform in general there is no concept on exiting an app, and you should avoid doing that. The reason is because Android and iOS are optimized to keep apps in a stalled / sleeping state when there is an interruption, such as phone call or pressing the home key or locking the screen. And when user wants to play again it is less power consuming to wake up the app than loading from the storage again and do all initializations and stuff.

Android is even go further than iOS: On iOS when you swipe out an app from the app switch, then the app really exits. On Android that is only swipes out from the recent list, and that does not mean the app was actually killed. So on that you need to long press the app icon on the left from the recent list, and then depends on Android version either you need to tap on the (i) icon on the right or you immediately have the opportunity to Force Stop the app. This is important when you test an app and you really want to stop it...

Now there is an argument what the back button should do, some Android apps when ou are on the Main Menu just puts the app to the background and shows the home screen, some other apps like BuildBox is not doing this so and back button is only going backwards within the app but not beyond. Personally i prefer this latter one, but that is a personal choice. Actually on iOS you have something similar that works on certain apps on certain situation, for example when you load a link from Facebook to Safari, you have a chance to go back to Facebook with a "back button" which appears on the top left corner. That makes sense in this situation and that makes sense on Android too, but going back to home screen from a game annoys me to be honest.

15. roy

roy Boxer

16. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

Thanks trudnai, really appreciate the explanation, I'm a complete newbie to it all, so the more I can to learn about every aspect of the mobile world the better, Many Thanks Again :cool:

17. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

Thanks roy, nice to know it wasn't something I did inside of Build Box or Eclipse :D, So game apps built with buildbox for Android do not exit app with back button, as its also a Buildbox issue... (I have a Galaxy 7)

Whats weird is, though as I have been playing around with it on my phone, at the end of the game, when a Chartboost interstitial ad pops up, and I don't close the ad out, when I hit the back button then, it does exit to my home screen :confused: Of course when I open the game back up, its right there where it left off, at the end of the game.o_O

Which by the way, I notice that the Chartboost interstitial ad that I set at the end of my game, is the same ad that pops up each and every time (Basically its the same ad for the same game)... Does this change once the app goes live, or is there something else wrong that I may have done inside of Chartboost?...

Thanks Again Everyone :)

18. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

wow u got a lot of replies but I Didn't get my answers,am posting My thread as we have Similar probs,hi Guys,i have created a game now i have no idea what To Do,i have inserted admob add and Everything Is working Perfect in my mobile ,testing is Done,now before I publish i need To Know how can i promote My game like on fb page,i would Love to know if u have tips for increasing fb Page likes,if u curious to See u can see here but there is nothing yet bcs am working On trailer(https://www.facebook.com/Love-for-Sky-970442796416841/),i am confused that how am gonna Earn as admob didn't ask Me fr my bank account,i have no idea how Am gonna Earn Money Through any add network and if admob Don't give money Then who Give Us,game Is done and i belive it can Do well but i don't wanna rush the main part.Thanks

19. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

But please tell Me how am gonna earn money bcs no One hasn't asked me fr my bank account,i have inserted admob and there is 0.02$ earning As i tested in my mobile but whats the process and who give us money,and i haven't created a google play developer accouny buy am gonna make today.

20. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

just wait till @trudnai whips out an analogy... he's gangster with those things...

trudnai and Nihat like this.