Character Moves

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by K9 Gamer, Aug 23, 2016.

1. K9 Gamer

K9 Gamer Avid Boxer

I`m having issues setting up my characters abilities what am i doing wrong?

I want 3 moves using Action Buttons with cool downs

Shoot using a button ( I want to use an Action but to limit ammo which is displayed under the button)

Its there a way to create an action to replenish another actions uses?

Jump
    - normal animation first jump from ground
    -Second animation for 2nd jump from air summer sault animation

Dash speed forward to dodge with smaller hit box slide move

move forward for .5 second at velocity of 50 based on the direction i`m facing (currently i can only do this from left to right so its only working in one direction.

I`m using Action Buttons for the control method
    I use Actions for the Animations which replace the character.

The problem is if i add any object into the Animation like a Character bullet the game crashes

Using Special move instant crash.

I set up single screen level with just my character and a floor so i can get the character mechanics working before i build my game i have no idea why it crashes constantly when i try to use my action buttons.

Does putting objects into an animation cause the crashes?

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

It shouldn't... What version are you using? If it's not the newest, you can always update and then pull your previous version out of the trash in case you need it otherwise I would email support@buildbox.com about your issues

3. K9 Gamer

K9 Gamer Avid Boxer

Hi thx for your responce

I discovered it only crashes if i use keyboard buttons which i only use to move left and right and jump.
    To activate i have all my buttons on screen and click with the mouse which works perfectly.

Any idea how to do a Action button refresh Action?
    The best i have managed is putting a start end check point and end check point right next to each other which work but the music resets.

4. jamieqdesign

jamieqdesign Boxer

Hi there,

I hope you resolved your issue. Were you able to set up your characters dash ability? I'm looking to do something similar and was hoping you might be able to help.

Thanks,
    Jamie

5. K9 Gamer

K9 Gamer Avid Boxer

Hi
    you could use action controlled by a UI button that increases the game speed for a second and move the Action Animation of your character forward the the direction you want that`s what I did you can also adjust hit box during the dash. Mines set up to duck if pressed alone or with a direction pressed ill slide forward and duck. the same process can be used for flying, Spawning difference bullets, Etc i got about 6-7 moves so far the possibles are vast because you can also add actions into the action animations if you use Ctrl C on a action then Ctrl V in to your animation. Good Luck m8