Add New Scene To A World With Aligned And Stacked Scenes

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Christoph, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Hi guys,

I have a world with aligned and stacked scenes. First there are 50 scenes aligned, then there are 50 scenes stacked. Like Phases if you know what I mean.

My question is:
    If I now want to add a new scene to the aligned scenes, how can I align them again without having to manually change all the values of the start and end distances of the scenes that come after that new scene?

Is there a simple way that I'm missing or is this just simply and plain donkey-work?

Nihat likes this.
  2. roy

roy Boxer

Maybe you can unzip the .bbdoc and make of the scenes there? The files named like PTModelLevelSection.0.attributes.xml should be what you are looking for.

Don't forget to make a bakcup of the project if you choose to go down that road. ;)

Christoph likes this.
  3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yeah do not make the scene editing the XML because there are quite a few other things to update too. Create new scenes in BuildBox and then edit start and stop in that XML.

Having said that you might want to separate aligned and attached scenes to different worlds and do menu jumps in between them so you do not need to manually adjust these things...

Christoph likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Is there a way to continue the score when changing the world? Because if yes, it would be the perfect solution trudnai.

Another quick question guys as it seems you two know a little about these secondary files:
    If I delete attributes.xml and all other files like spawner, wake up and so on, ... will Buildbox re-create them when opening the file again? I feel that the long loading time is because of old and already deleted components and am wondering if I could make a really clean project by doing it manually. I already did all the cleaning thing in Buildbox itself, but I have the feeling it's not perfect.

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I have to check about the score, will get back to you with that.

If you choose remove unused scenes and then objects and then images from Tools menu that should do the trick. But of course make backup before doing such operations in case something unwanted happens...