Buildbox Distortion 2.2.3

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by braydon, Jul 30, 2016.

1. braydon

braydon Boxer

Hey everyone,

I just updated to buildbox 2.2.3 and now when I open BB and preview my game, the windows are all messed up. I've attached a few pictures to show what's going on. Any idea how to fix this?

Appreciate any and all assistance.

Braydon

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 11.58.18 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 11.58.02 AM.png

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is OSX too right? I don't get this either. Did you install the new version above the old one? Try to install it to the desktop. Then change the name to "Buildbox 2.2.3" and drag it to the application folder. Then open it and see if you still have the same problem.

3. richardp11

richardp11 Boxer

I have the exact same problem. Just in case it helps, I am running it on a MacBook Pro with retina display but, on an external thunderbolt display. If I move BB to the retina display everything works fine. If I move it back to my external display I get the same sizing/scaling problem. Before the update, no such problem.

Edit: I also am seeing extremely high CPU usage (80% when it was less than 10% in previous build) and game lag whilst previewing on my MacBook screen

Thanks Richard

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

here too, but it's only happened once so far...
    [​IMG]

5. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

oh wow .. glad i did not update it so far, this scaring me now.

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Wow, that is really weird. We definitely have not sen this at all in testing or running Buildbox on a daily basis. Best thing to do is to email support@buildbox.com, we'll probably need to start a dialog with you and gather some data.

Are all you guys seeing this issue using multi-head setups?

7. heathclose

just happened again opening bb on an external monitor... when I drag it to the laptop screen, goes back to normal, drag it back, it does that weird scale thing... back and forth... normal... scaled...

in fact, it's my signature all over again... blows up all the iconography in bb, drag it to laptop, makes everything normal, drag it back, and it stays normal, but the welcome window did not, kept scaling back...

edit: preview is behaving the same as the welcome window... scales weird on external monitor... have to use preview on laptop window, where it will correct itself...

edit: the preview though when used on the laptop screen is very choppy, drag it back and it works at normal speed in the weird scale

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I have no distortion at all, but I can confirm the choppy playback. I thought it was my computer which I had left on for several days now, but after reading heathclose message I turned it off and on again. The choppy playback is still here. Definitely something messed up with this update on OSX. I use El Capitan's latest with a 27-inch iMac (no external screen).

I recommend not to update at all (once again unfortunately). I still am using the old 2.1.1 which is the last version I really can use. I can work with it and am happy with it, but considering that in one month I can't publish anymore on Android makes me really nervous. You really need to invent a better beta testing guys. I gladly help with that if you are considering something with the community. Right now it just doesn't feel right if we get with every update something new messed up, which apparently doesn't even have something to do with the changelog.

9. braydon

braydon Boxer

I restarted my computer and the issue of the odd scaling is gone. Could be because I'm not using my larger monitor now (out of the house so took the Macbook with me).

10. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Crap. I have same issue. I'm using a 24in monitor and it displays funky. When I drag the window to my laptop display everything looks fine. Anyway I can go back to 2.2.2 version?

11. heathclose

Whenever you upgrade bb, the previous version is in your trash, drag it out and run it...

12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

BTW, this is fixed. We should have a pre-release of 2.2.4 available this week.

Christoph likes this.
  13. braydon

braydon Boxer

Fantastic. Thank you!