Introduction

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by croomraider, Jul 16, 2016.

1. croomraider

croomraider Boxer

Hi BB community!

I couldn't find an introduction thread so I'm posting it here. I haven't purchased Buildbox 2.0 yet but am extremely impressed. I've been soaking in countless tutorials online and I appreciate the support already from the community. It looks like a good group of people, some having fun, and most trying to make money.

What I do: Compose Music for TV/Film

Dream Job: Compose Music for Videogames

Software Skills: Pro-Tools, Ableton, Vue, Premier, After Effects, Photoshop

I've created an interactive e-book and enjoy dabbling into different aspects of animation and film. This will be my first run at trying to create a video-game. My favorite nintendo games as a kid were Zelda, Lufia, Air Fortress, Mega Man, Castlevania.

From my research, it seems the Physics based games tend to be more successful than others but I plan on making an epic platformer to showcase music and art, and hopefully be fun to play.

2. swnam12

swnam12 Boxer

Good luck!
    And I'm jealous of your musical experience. It's one of the hardest parts for me.
    There are lots of tutorials for programming and making game art, but very few (at least that I have found) about the music!

croomraider likes this.
  3. croomraider

croomraider Boxer

@swnam12 thanks man! Let me know if you need any help with music stuff. I haven't finished a game yet on here so I don't know much as far as integration goes, but I know plenty on creating music.

4. swnam12

swnam12 Boxer

@croomraider thanks for the offer! I'll definitely be asking! :)
    Also go through the forums if you haven't already. There is a TON of stuff, just hiding everywhere.

And @Andy, I think we should definitely have a welcome/intro section. It'd help with many of the multiple posts and a great place to sticky stuff.

croomraider likes this.