About Publishers?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by dimitri_michalakis, Apr 6, 2016.

1. dimitri_michalakis

dimitri_michalakis Boxer

How am I supposed to go about with publishers. I've sent a bunch of publishers a video of my game but I'm not sure if that's what I'm supposed to do. Am I supposed to have it on the app store when I ask them or have it incomplete? If anyone can inform me about these kinds of things I would really appreciate it.

2. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

I believe most publishers look for complete games. Have a TestFlight or apk so they can physically test your game.

3. dimitri_michalakis

dimitri_michalakis Boxer

Am I supposed to have the ads already on it or they put their own ads?

4. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

They'll put their own ads I believe

5. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

There is no one correct answer as all publishers are different. The games we've signed were already published on the App Store, but we've also been sent TestFlight builds for other games.

6. nthen778

nthen778 Boxer

I've recently sent Thumbspire a Testflight of a game that I've finished a while ago (about a week ago). They seemed to like the game description, but when I sent them the Testflight, they didn't stay in contact with me. Should I email them again to see if the review process is progressing smoothly or should I just leave them to there work? Because, quite frankly, I'm not even sure if they like it or not. What should I do?

7. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

You deserve to know. If they do not like it, they should say and be honest. I'd email them if its been about a week.

8. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Publishers are busy and get a lot of submissions. I have 50 game submissions in my inbox right now. I respond to 100% of submissions because I've been on both sides and know what it's like to be an indie developer but not every publisher responds because it takes time to install, play, give feedback, etc..

Have they downloaded or installed your TestFlight build? Check to confirm that they've installed it. If they have, follow up with an e-mail and see if you can get any feedback. If they haven't installed it, then wait another week before following up. Good luck!