Two things i need help with. random levels and falling off map.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by joshua_higgins, Apr 10, 2016.

1. joshua_higgins

joshua_higgins Boxer

First, i made a car game, under the motocross type. However, if i drive backwards, the map litterally is gone and i just fall off. In 1.3.6 i would obviously chose to BLOCK car from going back, but in 2.0, doesnt seem to be an option. Why is it while im driving, at any time i go in reverse, after about half a screen, bam, ground is gone.

2nd question.
    In said car game, ive made 5 levels. Each different. However, the random levels thing is insane. Like, it will repeat the first 2 levels 20 times before i see 3-5. Is it possible to just play the levels in the proper order? And if i want endless, is it possible to bot make 2 stinkin levels repeat a billion times before further levels show up? Lol. I got people testing it for me and they all say the same thing....same level repeats 90 percent of the time. In another game, its one of those qube slider types. About 50 levels. But only first 10 wanna show.

Any help much appreciated.

2. Aight

Aight Boxer

As far as I know from version.1

1. You can change back delete threshold under gameplay settings. Turn it up to high so level objects will be there for longer time.

2. You can play with start and end positions for levels. Simply choose the level and change the advanced settings on the right panel.

3. contatct

contatct Boxer

1. in version 2 for character block...you can do in start frame and select "show Game frame" (left side of background lock button)

4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

So far, for alignment of levels versus random, I found if i go to EDIT and then ALIGN SCENES, the levels will play in the order they where added. or chose randomize scenes. version 2.0 that is. and AIGHT, i didnt even think about delete thresh. thanks bud. and contatct thats a good idea as well.

5. Aight

Aight Boxer

No problem :) I am actually wondering how you are arranging level objects. I am having difficulties on that. In version 1 there is no layering option (just send to back and forward). So if a physical object carried to another scene it's getting lost under the ground. Do you know how to fix that?

6. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Well... this might be more difficult to pull off in bb1, but in bb2 I create a very tiny graphic of something (big enough to drag around but something that won't take up much atlas or memory) and call it listmaker (but call it whatever will help you remember what it is)... then make sure your objects are where you want them in the list so that they aren't buried in the next scene (or stay buried) because the hierarchy for layer placement does indeed carry over scene to scene....
    Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 6.39.38 AM.png