Orb Zen

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Wings n Armor, Jan 22, 2016.

1. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i choose the icon above with bright background for a good reason to know it open your app store (better use your mac itunes) and take a screenshot replace one of the icones there with yours and compare and see how it's going to look like, try also with the simple icon. my reason simple icon with element on it it's not going to stand out in the app store (if you have an icon with max 2 color that sure)

2. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

This is amazing and quite perfect! I am implementing all informative information. I agree with both the simplistic and colorful look. I am applying all feedback for several icons to present for publishing. @Machine Rises @dougsavage1 @wesam_badr @Christoph
    Thanks have an awesome week!!!!!

dougsavage1 likes this.
  3. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

Thanks @wesam_badr for the input concerning the score placement. I have polished more designs for the score and other aspects.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

trudnai and wesam_badr like this.
  4. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

Thanks for the likes and encouragement everyone!

5. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

6. dougsavage1

dougsavage1 Boxer

second row , second column is my favorite. Good contrast and intriguing.

Wings n Armor likes this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I like the third one too. Can you try to make a new series with the same design but only with the ball bigger? You know, several icons with different sizes of the character? I suspect if the ball is bigger it's going to look better. I always like to see the character stand out from the rest. We have to get a little bit more life in there. Movement. Action. The only other thing I probably dislike is the fact that with the new trail you added it looks like the ball is falling down, but in fact, your game is an upward movement game. Did you ever try to catch the moment when the ball gets through the laser? Is it a checkpoint? Or is it an enemy? How would it look like just in the moment you pass it? If you can get this moment into a graphical idea the icon would be king.

8. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

Thanks
    @dougsavage1

9. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I saw you posted a large screenshot in post #32 and these are the colours I paused on in your video at approx 22 secs into the video. I think this green ball on black metallic background creates a real bold contrast and I'd guess would make for a striking icon. I like both what you and @Christoph have done, but as ever, seeing them large always looks great, how do they pop when they're small?

10. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yep me too, I like @Christoph variant better. Maybe you can play with the background and laser color if you want a popping up "let me grab it" effect. Simpler icon is better.

11. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

Phill Mason likes this.
  12. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer

Row 5 Icon 1
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-09 um 10.05.09.png

BossGames and Wings n Armor like this.
  13. dougsavage1

dougsavage1 Boxer

I'm going to have to say row 6 , column 2. The contrast and style of that one really stuck out to me.

14. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I like both rows 6 and 7. I can't decide if its better with or without the lens flare. Great colours though @Wings n Armor, great work :)

15. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i also im going with row 5 somehow i don't like the ones that have the trail / i like darker backgrounds / can you try the row 5, 6 and 7 with the white ball from the first row

16. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

The advice @Phill Mason was astonishing resulting an icon that pops my favorite is first row 4. It was snappy in all sizes!

Phill Mason likes this.
  17. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

@wesam I will try the white ball also but it seemed that the metallic ball was catchy in all sizes.

18. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I agree, that one is the best... however someone said something about that trail facing the wrong direction because your game is upward moving, I would turn it around or take it out... I think that was a very observant suggestion.

Phill Mason and Wings n Armor like this.
  19. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

I tried the trail underneath and it was not as appealing. The trail was supposed to look like it was being beamed up by belligerent aliens. LOL
    @heathclose Great analogy!

20. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Even if you turn everything upside down? And do you think it is possible to see a design with the ball much bigger? (Sorry to insist.)

The darker background is definitely the way to go. As wesam_badr said, the white or the gray ball would contrast even more which could help too. Take in mind that the ball you put in the icon should be the default character (or the super duper bonus character which players have to unlock during the game). I still would try to design the ball crossing the laser. It would show a lot of action which is the best you can achieve in an icon. Great progress overall. Keep them coming.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016