Atlases

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Phoebe, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

So my game I got a tip, my Atlases at times look after and behold old graphics that I normally do not need, but I have tried to delete have everything checked are exercises not but I get that just do not get out, what also surprised me the backgrounds are some times in there, why?

2. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

I have similar problem. When i want to delete an object or background in atlases, it says The sprite is in use by some objects, so it cannot be deleted. But i am sure that i am not using it anywhere.

3. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

I have faced the same problem...mailed it to support... they are looking after this.. the contaminated bbdoc seems to perform same in every version. If you have not developed huge, you can design from beginning and careful about Atlasses

4. st101

st101 Boxer

Copy your bbdoc in case something went wrong now rename your bbdoc extension to rar or zip or just open it with winrar or similar software and extract it now go to the extracted files and go to images find your image and get the name of your image so u can delete it later now go to bbdoc file again and open it with winrar (don't extract) go images and find the image name that you want to delete select it and press delete (this should be inside winrar and not the extracted file) now open your bbdoc in bb and go atlases and optimize thats it. Sorry for my english.

Nihat likes this.
  5. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

In my case it is impossible. I am about to finish my game.

6. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

I should try it. Thanks! :)

7. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

My advice is to check all screens in search of the image, if image cleaning is done and if it appears in the Atlasses, is being used.
    When new images are added or deleted, you have to constantly check the Atlasses.
    Sometimes we add wallpaper or test images and eliminate them, when we do this, we must check the Atlasses that no longer exist.
    Another tip is placed in a folder all the images, music, which we will use.
    Again, if in the Atlasses, it is being used.
    I have never seen an image that is in the Atlasses is not in use and can not be deleted, challenge anyone and I bet anyone (PM) that it is possible to delete images that are not in the game.

Christoph and Nihat like this.
  8. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Wow! We don't bet or challenge here, we are just giving advise to each other.

9. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

I am asking a question which i want to solve. If i am not telling lie then why it is happening?

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

As jcalle, I sometimes put test images or entire wallpapers in my game to recreate the design easily and they are all deleted without any problems. I use 2.1.1 though not sure if it is a bug in newer versions. Check it if you go back you can't delete them either. If you have the same problem in 2.1.1 then I'm pretty confident that you have those images somewhere. I would double check if you have them somewhere directly imported in a move, jump or even action animation because these objects do not appear in the object list. I also would check the entire object and action panel if they appear somewhere. And what you can do as well is make a copy of your bbdoc and use it as a guinea pig. Delete first all characters and optimize atlasses. Check if your images still are there. Then delete all objects. Optimize again. Check if your images still are there. Then delete all actions. Check if your images still are there. Then delete all menu UIs and optimize again. This way you can trouble shoot your game and see when your images disappear. Slowly you will be able to figure out where your images are used... That's what I would do.

jcalle and Nihat like this.
  11. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Thanks @Christoph, for this information. I will try this too. I am using latest version.

12. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

So I once deleted everything which goes like this, and I still have some graphics in it that are not deleted even though they do not use them, even if I have to delete all the still there

Show the needed precisely where it is used

So if I have now deleted everything and then look for some things there that I noticed is that one finds still ui action button, how do I get there off the? Clear I can not

I use Buildbox 2.1.1

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  13. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

As I said I think I've found the problem, it is because off the few graphics comically into Action Button stuck menu and I the get not deleted, there are some background images in it no idea how the got there and delete can the not

14. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

I have the same issue. I sent in a support ticket etc.. they are aware but I am not sure at what point it might get fixed if at all. I am going to try what @st101 said. But I am not super hopeful.

Nihat likes this.
  15. quality

quality Boxer

After 7 years, still same bug.

Test yourself.

Add new world.

Add new action.

Add an image in it.

And then remove it.

After that there is no way to remove the image from the atlas.

Remove also new world but the image is still there.

16. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

You just have to delete the image and then restart Buildbox. When you go back into the atlasses you can sort it again and the image is deleted.

17. quality

quality Boxer

Image is already deleted. No way to delete it from the atlas.

Attached Files:

18. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Opening it as a zip worked like a charm, but you do have to be careful of the ID of the sprite. I deleted one of the logo sprite in the open page. And it was blank, but the animation was still there, and all I did was find the blank image and just drop it in the image box at the side and all the animation worked no troubles. Thanks, a great tip indeed !!!

19. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

It's funny why can't you copy that image into other UI it would save a lot of space, with a simple copy and paste !