Asset Unlockes Button In Ui Menu

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by LtgGames, Oct 9, 2021.

1. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

Hi! I want my character to collide into an asset (key) and then the buttons for world two unlocks in my world selector. Is that possible? Let me clarify. My game has a world with randomized scenes. Therefore there will never be a finish line and a skip-to-the-next level possibility. I want to put a key in one of my scenes so that when the player bumps into it, the button for level 2 in the level selector unlocks.

Any ideas dear friends?

2. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

You can use Manu jump where the key is. Or set event obs in UI to 1 point in session. The key will be the earned point. After getting the key, you will be moved to level 2.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  3. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

Thanks for reaching out! I don't want my character to jump directly to another world but continue playing the world endlessly, but by collecting the key he has earned his right to move to the next level when he wants to. Therefore I will not use the menu-jump. The game has already coins in it, but I don't want the player to buy himself to the next level. I have 6 worlds, and if he can buy himself the next level, he can jump directly to level 6 without playing the other levels... So by having a key in the random scenes, I make sure the player plays all the levels. Does that make sense?

4. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

If I understand it correctly, it makes sense. If you collect coins in the game for a purpose, make the key a point. I would create a UI with six unlocked worlds and when getting the key the player would move to this UI and choose any world. It is also possible that the player stays at the same level despite getting the key.

5. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

I cannot define (in the unlock logic in UI) whether the prize should be coin or points...

Attached Files:

6. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

You don't need to use this if you don't have anything blocked

7. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

But the thing is... my levels are locked and you can buy them when have enough coins. But I don't want to risk that the player just plays level 1 and gaining tons of coins, and then skip all levels and buy the last level. So I need the player to actually play each level, and in the different levels, there is a key to unlock the possibility to buy ONLY the next level...

8. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

The complicated thing is that in the case of coins and a key, two conditions must be met in the same world. In my opinion, the only option is to get, for example, 500 coins in the world without a key. Then the event obs. sends player to the UI where inform the player that he already has the coins but needs to find the key. Then the player goes to the same world but there are no coins left in it. There is only a key to find. After finding the key, another world unlocks. So each level has two worlds