Custom Ad Integration - Ios & Android

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by landofgreendev, Aug 16, 2021.

1. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

Hey guys!
    Is anyone else in the same situation as me where I'm trying to figure out how to get 'custom ad integration' working in Buildbox 3?
    I'm hoping to get ironSource mediation integrated, so I can add multiple ad networks for both iOS & Android?

Has anyone managed to figure it out? Or know of a helpful tutorial?

Is this something the Buildbox staff could help with? I know AdBox was recently released - but it would be incredibly useful to know how to integrate custom ads.
    @Hue Buildbox

Cheers

Taxus baccata likes this.
  2. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

If you want to use Admob then you must follow the integration instructions on the Admob website. In BB, select only Custom wherever required.

3. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

It's not so easy, i tried and got a lot of errors and fails. NOT EASY bro

4. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I know how it works but there is no other way and as far as I know nothing will change in BB. Perhaps there will be some help from the community soon.

5. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

I tried in the community and all guys ask money for do it and its fair. What is not fair its Buildbox team don't provide this tutorial for us.

volcank likes this.
  6. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

I've had a similar experience - and tbh, at this point, I don't mind paying someone to do it for me. I just don't like the thought of having to hand over my project to someone.

I hope Buildbox release a tutorial on how to do it - I'm not releasing my game until I successfully integrate custom ads. I've been following ironSource's guide, but i haven't had any luck

@Sean Buildbox @Miko Buildbox @NikRudenko

Any help would be so much appreciated!

Taxus baccata likes this.
  7. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

You must remember the most important thing. In order for the company to earn, Adbox was created and no one will teach custom options on which they do not earn

8. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

This can be done, here's the proof

Now about what's fair and what's not fair... The thing is that you are right BUT you also don't want to invest time in how to properly integrate it and learn some coding skills that will help you in the future. What most of you want is just to create games, export and make money but your game is like a small fish in a big ocean, you can't expect it to become a shark overnight but your thought is always on money not knowing how hard would it be to create a unicorn game and how much investment that would take.

Anyway, I'm out of this subject at least for now.

9. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

So you were capable to do it and you thought lets show the ones that are not capable that I am better than them.
    Good for you.

10. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Neah I got pointed out and painted with shit last night on discord by a fellow boxer who said I'm talking shit and I can't do anything that's why I shared this here to prove that it is possible and not that hard but most of us like to complain instead of putting up the effort and learn how to do it or how it works post export

11. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

This post was made to ask if someone is willing to make a tutorial or knows one.
    Not for some of us showing their abilities.
    When I saw your reply I thought, like others I am sure, that you made a tutorial. But no, you just want to point out that we are not willing to put in the work.
    You know a lot of us tried to add custom ads and failed. Just because you can, doesn't give you the right to rub it in our face.
    Thank you

volcank likes this.
  12. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

I just wanna make sure the setup is working as it should be on latest buildbox build for both android and ios... Above you got the android and I am working on ios now but it will take some time to get it right...

Tars Tarkas likes this.
  13. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Got it working?

14. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Yep, Admob is all good and running for iOS and Android, I don't have any reports of any issues so far