Atlases Issue

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by patostar, Jun 17, 2019.

1. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

I am working on bb 2.3.8 but unfortunately this issue is not fixed yet, when I delete sounds and images and go to atlases to optimize and rebuild those files can't be deleted, I was able to delete some of them but the rest are stuck, and I am not even using them in the file anymore, so I still have to convert the file to ZIP and delete those files from inside, when are you gonna fix this horrible problem? I am tired already, it's been years and that problem is still there.

2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Is it an older file? This does not occur any more to my knowledge but it may still be possible in older BBDOCs. If you can email in to support@buildbox.com with BBDOC and screenshots of the images in question and we're more than happy to investigate ;)

Jaro likes this.
  3. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Yes it was an old file I think in 2.2.9 or something like that, thanks anyways, I fixed it :) I hope it doesn't happen anymore in the new projects.

Jaro and Sean Buildbox like this.
  4. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Good practice is optimize - rebuild - save project - close Buildbox. Open Buildbox and repeat optimisation again. It helped me many times.

sharath, patostar and Sean Buildbox like this.
  5. sharath

sharath Boxer

optimize - rebuild - save project - close Buildbox Works perfect ....thanks

6. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

It is also very important to remove unused objects from the Sprite Editor. I think thanks to this you can do optimizations without restarting BB.

7. sharath

sharath Boxer

Yes.. removing unused objects from the script editor is improving the game performance...but some unused objects won't delete..and also all the textures that are used in my game are not showing in atlases...any idea what's causing this...