Befuddled Over Unlocking Next Level

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by DBL, May 20, 2021.

1. DBL

DBL Boxer

I've watched the Zack Griset video on how to unlock levels a dozen times. Done everything to a T.

When I start a game, level 1 is unlocked and level 2 is locked. I have an unlock button in the level 1 UI that unlocks level 2. I also have an event observer in the level 1 UI that beats level 1 once the player collects 50 coins.

But if I die before I reach 50 coins, when I go back to the menu, level 2 is unlocked. And if I reach 50 coins while playing level 1, it doesn't stop; it keeps going.

I've checked the mind map and it appears as though I have every node connected just like in the video. I've spent a few hours on this problem and can't solve it.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Without seeing your .bbdoc file it sounds like you have the level 2 unlock placed in the wrong spot.

Maybe I am not understanding. I think you want to unlock level 2 if you reach 50 coins. If that is what you are looking for then when you reach 50 coins in level one that triggers a win for level one, thus redirecting you to a UI screen for the win. This is where level 2 should be unlocked. So, if you don’t reach 50 coins, level 2 does not get unlocked. If this is in fact what you want then you just need to move your level 2 unlock to the same UI screen presented to user when he reaches 50 coins.

3. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

you need to place unlock button in the level complete UI, not in Level 1 Ui. If you put in Level 1 as soon the Level 1 Ui loads it will trigger the unlock mechanism and level 2 will become unlock even if you have not collected required points.

4. DBL

DBL Boxer

That was it! Thank you.