Buildbox 2 Update 2.3.14 #2710 Beta

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey there Creators!

Got a new Beta for 2.3.14 for for you :)

Admob integration has been updated to the latest SDK on iOS. Warnings will no longer appear on the Admob dashboard for Buildbox games.

Exported games on iOS14 and above now have App Tracking Transparency that allows the player to consent to targeted ads.

MAC: https://releases.buildbox.com/build....14-2710_2e45a95551ef67871c6cce118ee0b059.zip

WIN: https://releases.buildbox.com/build....14-2710_161544143febacbf1a51d236e3037a63.exe

As always ensure making backups of your BBDOC before using this build. Also any bugs you find please shoot it over with details to support@buildbox.com or DM me ;)

itzonator, Hue Buildbox, Jaro and 2 others like this.
  2. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

Awesome!! Thank you :D

Hue Buildbox and Sean Buildbox like this.
  3. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Thank you so much for the BB2 update, Buildbox Team! Awesome! Can't wait to update the games with this. :) Cheers!

Hue Buildbox and Sean Buildbox like this.
  4. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

It took you August since last year? Wasn't it called a relaunch or something...? Really now...

Not that it means I write again too negative against buildbox 3, but nothing more ? Or have I missed something? I like all support for buildbox 2 and all updates but that was all ???

5. Sean Buildbox

This is simply an update to ensure BB2 games can be compatible with Apple's new rules. There is still a re-launch/larger update planned/in progress

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  6. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

So, as always, just empty promises. Well, that was to be expected.

Milania likes this.
  7. Milania

Milania Boxer

Yes, it's just a nightmare alone Promises since August they released a big update for Apple And we will still wait a year to restart the update So the buildbox command is not suitable You release updates for box 3 every week and for 2 you have forgotten

8. scorpion66

scorpion66 Boxer

[​IMG]
    This issue is still there and it was not fixed. Start menu is messed up. You can always see black bar on top and bottom of the screen no matter what image size you put there. There are also issues with loading older bb2 projects, the gameplay doesn't work in one game that I tried to open.

9. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

And when finally ? Info update or otherwise, so lgsamn no one believes in such a thing anymore.

10. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    Currently, the start node is only intended to show your logo and not intended for backgrounds.
    For older BB2 projects, you might have to update the versions in increments. In some cases, there may be issues when opening a much older version in the newest version.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  11. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    Like Sean said, there is still an upcoming BB2 re-launch/larger update that we're preparing for. As a team, we thrive to deliver the best product to our Buildbox creators and sometimes new features or policy changes can delay the release, but I can assure you that the wait will be worth it. As I receive more information, I'll post it so everyone is up to speed.

12. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Bla bla always the same

13. iblicense principal

iblicense principal Boxer

it is possible to show us an image or video of how buildbox2 is getting:)

Milania likes this.
  14. Milania

Milania Boxer

It's top secret

15. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hi @Sean Buildbox
    I need to add Google Mobile Ads SDK or it is already integrated in this version?
    thanks

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  16. DariusGuerrero

@Sean Buildbox , Windows EXE export isn't working for this version. Specifically, the .exe executable file is showing as 0KB and has no file type. Hope this is fixed soon as I'm planning to release this game as a new release on Steam. Thank you so much.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  17. scorpion66

scorpion66 Boxer

Everything with start menu was working fine in 2.3.8, after that it's a mess, you also removed "heyzap" option which we used to modify and integrate Appodeal mediation, you could at least leave that option there and just call it "mediation" or something like that... not remove it completely just because hayzap is not working... BB2 was much better before, sounds strange but it's actually true!

18. Sean Buildbox

It is already integrated/updated :)

Looking into this

19. Sean Buildbox

To be clear Apple made some required changes requiring "Storyboards" for Start screens that required us to make updates in that area. Otherwise iOS exports would no longer have been accepted at all.

HeyZap removal was a similar story. Outside of it being discontinued as a network it also was creating issues for uploads. For any third party SDK you still have the custom option which you can use with networks that you would like. But both of the changes you mention were for necessary reasons.

20. DariusGuerrero

PROBLEM RESOLVED

Windows EXE export isn't broken in the latest BB2 release after all. Here's what I found. The cause of my windows exe problem was because the "name on device" has a colon ":" because the name was "DERE EXE: Rebirth". Having a colon in the name on device is something that's okay for Android and iOS releases but not okay for exporting to PC. For some reason, that colon produced an empty file of 0KB. I just learned this now after working with PC releases for so long. I apologize for whatever inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you so much everyone.

33Shox and Sean Buildbox like this.