Fried Banana Run - By Little Tiny Giant

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by LtgGames, Dec 12, 2020.

1. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

Super nervous but equally super proud to show you folks a little glimpse of my first game made with Buildbox! Can´t wait to show you more levels and more content! It´s a leap of faith since I never have done this before, and to tease an unfinished game is scary :D

Taxus baccata, jcalle and Elite Games like this.
  2. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

Hi and congrats on creating your first Buildbox-game. If I were you I would try to add a jump animation to the character, so it actually looks like he jumps and not just runs through the air. Also, perhaps speed up the game a notch to make it a bit more challenging :)

LtgGames likes this.
  3. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

Thanks for the comment! Yes, I´ve tried to animate the jump, but the animation continues a bit after landing...so it doesn't look seamlessly. When it comes to speed, you probably right. The idea was to make the first level a bit easy... but do you think it should be fast and challenging right away? I guess it would be a disaster if the player gets bored at level 1 ...

4. deyren

deyren Boxer

Hi congrats on creating your first Buildbox-game and good luck.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    LtgGames likes this.
  5. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Did you try adding a if collide, so that when the character hits the ground it'll stop the jump animation?

6. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

Thanks!

7. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

Yes I´ve tried "if collide" with platform, but it seems like the run animation start over everytime he touches platform and the animations gets choppy...

8. Reverse Studios

Reverse Studios Boxer

Hello,

We've had a look at your game and would like to give you an opportunity for a chance to get published with Play Pixel, where we'll work one on one with you to maximise your games potential.

PlayPixel is a brand new Game Publisher. Made by developers, for developers. After years of developing games and having to submit our projects to VooDoo and Ketchapp only to be rejected, we’ve decided to create our own Publisher to bring the best games to life. Due to our own app success, we’ve gained connections with the App Store team, and have enjoyed working with Australia’s top developers.

You provide the game, we provide:
    - Marketing & Budget
    - App Store Connections and Features
    - Guidance on how to maximise your stats
    - One to One relationship, helping you iterate and improve your games

It’s your time to shine. Submit your game to our form below to gain valuable feedback, and maybe get your game published by your friendly neighbour devs.

Submit your games here: https://forms.gle/koH748nYj7qn7t2dA

This is a new project that we have launched, I have attached a copy of our testing process.

Games which meet all our KPIs will be published with more than significant capital behind it, about the same which Ketchapp and Voodoo will put into their games.

The founders have strong connections to the App Store team due to PlayPixel's success. We are able to maximise the chance of games featured, which improves organic growth by 80%

Our process is very thorough and we only will publish games of the highest degree of quality.

We work one on one with promising developers to improve KPI performances, whilst other publishers simply discard them.

We will work through submissions in the coming days and will let applicants know if they make it.
    [​IMG]

Let us know if you have any questions!
    Thank you,
    Play Pixel Publishing Team

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  9. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

The game looks great.
    As you have been told, you should review the jump and something else.

LtgGames likes this.
  10. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

Thank you! I`ve just made a break through when it comes to the jump animation :D

11. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

12. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

It´s truly a kind of headache how, where, and when (!) to promote your game. It feels risky to promote during the development process, but somehow a missed opportunity if I wait until the game is published.

Anyways, here is my developer page: https://fried-banana-run.manakeep.com/

Have a look, and please let me know if there is something I need to change to make it more interesting!

Thanks,