How Can I Manually Restart From Checkpoint?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Taylen Schmaltz, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Taylen Schmaltz

Taylen Schmaltz Boxer

[​IMG]

Hi, here is a screenshot of my UI screen. Currently I have these checkpoints (view below) which only work if I collide and then die from an enemy later, only then will I be able to go back to that checkpoint. (Pause button top right is what opens that above UI screen).

[​IMG]

What I want to do is allow the player to manually restart from the last known checkpoint just in case they get glitched in an object or something like that. Because I have tested this plenty on PC and it works smoothly but when I switch to mobile all of a sudden my character ends up getting stuck inside objects for no reason. So I'm taking precautions.

Below are screenshots of my characters nodes + checkpoint nodes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't mind the variable save, I was trying to make it so that the character would restart from the last hit checkpoint after closing and reopening the app but no luck. That is a separate issue that I will make a thread for later.

I've googled and YouTubed this for weeks, nothing works.

2. Taylen Schmaltz

Taylen Schmaltz Boxer

Also there is no restart from checkpoint option for the navigation button.

Attached Files:

3. Haider Zaydoon

Haider Zaydoon Boxer

I'm currently working on a game and I've been trying for a while to solve the same exact problem. I found a solution but it only works when you DO NOT pause the game.

Since you do want the player to have the ability to pause the game, you need to do the following:

1- In your UI screen where the pause button lay, create a Control Button. Name this button to whatever you like (For this example I'll call it "re-spawn"). Make sure that Block Touch Through is unchecked.
    2- Place a Navigation Button beneath the Control Button. Make sure that the Navigation Button is set to 'Restart' and Block Touch Through is unchecked.
    3- Go back to your character, go to controls and choose 'UI Button' . Connect the Start node to you UI Button node.
    4- Click on the UI Button node, in the menu, click on the list of UI Buttons and choose "re-spawn".
    5- Place a Load Checkpoint node, and connect it to the UI Button.

I'm also working on a way to save the game progress. In case I find a solution I'll post it in the link below:
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/save-game-solved.19326/#post-101296