Buildbox 2.3.8 Beta #2515

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Jul 18, 2019.

1. jgbb

jgbb Boxer

Hi Sean,

I've recently got a BB3 pro license. But when I go to install BB2.3.8, my license doesn't work. I want 2.3.8 because it was just simpler for a new person like me. Please help!
    I've tried contacting support, but I haven't heard back.

2. jgbb

jgbb Boxer

3. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

If you've already contacted support they'll be back with you shortly with the BB2 key since you are a paid user. I'll DM you

4. Joejoe

Joejoe Boxer

Hi Sean,

I've recently got a BB3 pro license. But when I go to install BB2.3.8, my license doesn't work. I want 2.3.8 because it was just simpler for a new person like me. Please help! @Sean Buildbox

5. strawmann

strawmann Boxer

Hi Sean, how may I get a key for a 2.3.8, please? Our bbdoc file doesn't open in v3. Just crashes immediately. And the v3 key doesn't work for 2.3.8.

6. Sean Buildbox

Email Support@buildbox.com or DM me with your subscription email to request a key. It is important to note you must have a PAID subscription to get Buildbox 2 as there is no free version

7. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

More and more want the old version back and I had thought that I was the only one. When will the update be released that the beta status of version 2.3.8 disappears? ;)

Jaro likes this.
  8. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

No, you are not alone. Soon such BB2 1% may be created in the community. :)2.3.9 is coming.

HG-2018 likes this.
  9. Sean Buildbox

Actually received a build of 2.3.9 today. It's in testing right now ;)

justforward and Jaro like this.
  10. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I am still hoping for a performance update for Android. ;)

11. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Silence ...

Jaro likes this.
  12. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

The week is over and as since last year still no update. :/ Pity, I thought buildbox 2 gets another chance.

13. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Dude move on and transition to 3d stop "crying" about bb2

14. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Is it now forbidden to ask for updates ? You are welcome to make your games (if available) in version 3 and like 2.

15. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

No it is not forbidden to ask for updates but what you do up here is not asking for updates is "crying" for help.

Anyway I still encourage you to update to BB3 and start testing this new engine and see what is capable of :)

16. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Dude, when it comes to BB2, no one is crying here that something does not work, that something does not open, too many errors, etc. The question is only about the update, which should be done regularly by the manufacturer who has this product on offer. Note how many people are starting to ask for access to BB2, which is considered very stable. Also note that over half of the posts about BB3 are calling for help. In other words, wasting time solving problems and not using the software creatively. Do not write so again buddy because everyone has a choice which way they want to go. A new update will be available in the next few days.

HG-2018 likes this.
  17. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

You don't have to show me Buildbox 3, I use it longer than some people here, you like your Buildbox 3 and you can be happy with it. I know the differences ;)

Jaro likes this.
  18. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Well in a way i agree with both of you but a part of me makes me write this:
    I think that few to several peoples are afraid of trying new stuffs, coding, new engines etc due too lack of experience or because they are to afraid that they would not handle the engine properly. And yes there are tons of questions about BB3 but that's because it is easier to ask for help than to debug and understand how to use it (and it takes less time and effort).

I know this is a nocode engine and it would be like that for a long time but I rather prefer to have control about what goes where instead of asking for optimization to the manufacturer. Think a little, we are thousand of users both paid or free users but they are just a team of hundred or so. How do you expect to get change-logs when they are bombarded with bug reports and stuffs and they had to release new features as well ?

And yes I have been using BB3 since early beta and BB2 since 2018 (paid) and BB1 a few years before that, I took a break to let them make BB3 stable and now I'm using it again.

Jaro likes this.
  19. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

A lot of text for a small topic. Well, so be it.
    There is not only buildbox ;).

20. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Just because we're writing about BB2 doesn't mean we don't know BB3. His possibilities, advantages and problems. Compare the number of known games produced in BB2 and BB3. Maybe it will brighten your thinking. Published game is dead only 2-3 months. Some bring income for years. That's why they need updating. But we don't cry.

HG-2018 likes this.