How To Make Parallax Background In Buildbox 3.1.1?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by RishabhMehta, Dec 21, 2019.

1. RishabhMehta

RishabhMehta Boxer

Hi There!

How to make parallax background in buildbox new version 3.1.1? I'm finding difficulty in making parallax background.

MAC420 likes this.
  2. MRabiee

MRabiee Boxer

hi
    You found a way?

3. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

If you mean a parallax effect for a 2D game in Buildbox 3 then probably something like what in this video should guide you to the correct way, please check it and let me know?

4. MRabiee

MRabiee Boxer

Hi there and thank you for answering.
    My issue is that in different scenes, the background that I have used in my 2d game, won’t come one after another and will sometimes overlap with each other. For example I want the grass field background to move at the same speed till the game’s end, but the layers of this grass field will either separate from each other or overlap. It looks like a bug. In below topic, I have put an example screenshot so that you can see and understand what is happening.
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-can-use-parallax-in-bb3-without-problem.18463/
    Capture.PNG

I have also read the tutorial for parallax background in below link, but it seems to be for version 2 of the engine and I’m using version 3.
    http://help.buildbox.com/en/articles/2000351-parallax-effect

5. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

Did you open the 3D view and made sure that the layers are organized correctly using the move tool, I believe this is the only way to organize the objects in your scene in BB3?

6. diamdiamubi

diamdiamubi Boxer

It is working in 2D view in 3D world. However in 2D world, the background images doesn't continue looping.

7. MRabiee

MRabiee Boxer

I'm new to this and also the game is 2d, so I don't think I have 3D view option available for me. If I email the file to you, do you have time to check it out?

8. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, Try right clicking and select "Bring To Front" or "Bring Forward".
    That should help if you're in a 2D world.

If you selected 2D within a 3D world, you can select your Multitool or press 4, then use Depth tool on the left to adjust the Z/Depth position.

9. MRabiee

MRabiee Boxer

I did all the things that you said and layers are aligned in all scenes, but the issue still persists (which means layers have gap between them or are overlapping). Some times a layer will disappear for a moment and then reappear! Do you have a sample project file that I can see what you have done?

10. ConnyH

ConnyH Boxer

I am building in 2d and would like the background to move in parallax similar to how it was done in this , but I am not seeing an option to change the speed of the background, can you help please

11. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

1. You add the background that you want.
    2. Add brainbox
    3. Move
    4. Configure it as you want.
    Repeat the steps if you want to add more.

BB parallax 001.jpg BB parallax 002.jpg

Jaro likes this.
  12. ConnyH

ConnyH Boxer

Awesome, thank you @scale, this works great

13. ConnyH

ConnyH Boxer

your instructions worked great to make the background move but it gets really weird (see dropbox file), I have tried to set the background to platform, to None, I have changed Physics to all option, but nothing worked. The background layers are all aligned with each other, start is at x:0 y:-15, end is ate x:0 y:15, I had the background aligned with start and end, and also tried to make the background larger.
    Help please