Commonly Asked Questions - How Can I...?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by andre_sprs, Oct 21, 2016.

1. cohenburleson1

cohenburleson1 Boxer

Hi I’m making a game kinda like infinite pool on the App Store, I wanna know how I can be able to pull back and hit the ball but If it doesn’t go into the desired goal to go to the next level then the game is over and you have to restart, basically what I mean is I can only have 1 turn to shoot the ball into the hole.

2. Bob S

Bob S Boxer

How can I create a simple menu system? I want to have 2 levels. Run Level 1, when I win or lose, it brings me back to the menu selector where I can select Level 2 and run that Level. Can that only be done with having World 1 be Level 1 and World 2 be Level 2? Or, can I create a single World, create 2 Scenes within that Level, and then run each Scene as a Level?

It appears each Level has to be a World BUT I was hoping there is a way to make each Scene it's own Level. If the latter is not the case, then Buildbox is basically forcing us to purchase the max deal just to be able to create games anyone would likely create.

3. TomN

TomN Boxer

Hi @andre_sprs and all other who might have the answer for this...... First i will sat I like the list, but i need some more, and can't fine a video about these issues I have ..
    1: How to destroy a Object by tapping it ( example I have a "wepon" Pickaxe and when i hit the ground or a rock with my pickaxe i need to destroy that object) next to me or below me..to get past.
    2: How to upgrade a weapon ( example I have a "Weapon" that need to be able to destroy new objekt when i "BUY" the upgraded weapon... and i need to be able to using GOLD as I collect in the game..to upgrade the weapons...)

I think if is possible to make a Video about this ..many will benefit from learning to add it to their games

Hope you can help ;)

4. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

I have a game of pinball vs 8 ball I need to make pay sticks, unfortunately if possible for the characters is what it is possible to add the possibite to make objects for sale,

5. mikery55

mikery55 Boxer

How can I convert from youtube to mp3?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    source: https://youtubeconverter.to/youtube-to-mp3

6. chrami

chrami Boxer

how can I make the enemy follow the character?

7. Jazek86794444

Jazek86794444 Boxer

Ok so if I want my character, enemy, objects and platforms to change in every scene will I need multiple worlds? Or is there a way to achieve that in an "endless" mode? Thanks for your patience, I'm new to this.

8. Jazek86794444

Jazek86794444 Boxer

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  9. sfanara87

sfanara87 Boxer

Hi everyone,

On the image I have screenshotted, my game level is finishing mid-level when (as red arrow shows) I have lots more of the level to go through. I did move the finish line and the end line well away from there so there should be no reason why this is happening unless there is another invisible element/asset/thing I am not aware of that I need to change/move. What have I not considered?

Attached Files:

10. sfanara87

sfanara87 Boxer

throw insults!.......... just kidding

11. brobazele

brobazele Boxer

@andre_sprs thanks for the post. How can I make a power up that gives player 1 extra life? @Hanomax has a video on invincibility & speed boost power up which I've added to my game but he's not replied for a while now...please can you help

12. Mohammed Pharaon

Mohammed Pharaon Boxer

Anyone knows a way to make the trail appear only on collision with character and disappear afterwards ?

13. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hey, how's it going?
    If you send your bbdoc to me at support@buildbox.com I'll give it a try for you. :cool:

14. Mohammed Pharaon

Mohammed Pharaon Boxer

Oh I appreciate that, I will.
    Thanks.