Official Comments Thread For Buildbox 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Hue Buildbox, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Sylv MEZ and Sean Buildbox like this.
  2. Sylv MEZ

Sylv MEZ Boxer

3. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I would like to ask for one logical and meaningful explanation: Why is the version paid for by the users worse than the free version? I can't understand this even though I have quite a lot of experience in these matters. @Sean Buildbox @TreySmith

4. Hue Buildbox

The update is the same and limitations are lifted based on your paid License Key.

Sylv MEZ likes this.
  5. Hue Buildbox

Hi, What features would consider to be worse?
    The differences is the paid version doesn't have any limitations. 2020-01-15 21_14_06.png

6. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

Using the random node in the Mind Map to go to a random UI crashes. Lets say you have different game over screens with the random node, when you die the software crashes

7. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

And also, color animation node seems to only work when it is constantly being called from a state machine. If I connect an if collide to the character and connect that to the color animation node it only changes color slightly every time you hit that object. So you have to hit that object like 10 times before it fully changes color.

8. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

If you look only at the last update 3.1.3 then you will see the first differences plus many features that the paid version does not have. The biggest difference is that there is no easy ads function. Since we are constantly talking about software for users who cannot code and the main password is "nocode", something does not work here.

9. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

I found one bug so far in it !!
    It is happening with Scene path, When you add objects in the scene path and move path points and then go back to the mindmap screen, all of the objects stuck in the start of the scene path but in preview mode they are all in the place where we place them. happening to others too ?

10. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi There was a problem in previous version and before I was about to write to forums this update came a long. So the bug is:

I use path in my game and some of my scenes have path ending at -400. I have a car in my game and also have 2 lights attached to it. One is spot light which serves as front lights and a point light at the back for backlights. The are both attached to the car object which is the player. The main problem is almost after the middle of the scenes that are -400 long the lights turn off and they turn back on when jumped to a new scene which breaks the whole game feel because it is a night game and sets the mood for the game. Any ideas why those lights might be turning off? @Sean Buildbox @NikRudenko Thanks.

rizwanashraf likes this.
  11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Another bug is when an object is a child of object and you apply a trail to it be it 2D or 3D, the trail is not visible.

rizwanashraf likes this.
  12. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

That bug is always there, since the very early version of BB3.

volcank likes this.
  13. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Paid customers and Free users can use 3.1.3. Paid users will not have the custom option for ads for 3.1.3. This will return in 3.1.4 however.

I think you are misunderstanding. Both Free and Paid users can access 3.1.3 the update. As stated above the only exception to this is if you wish you use the customer option for Ads, which will return for paid users in 3.1.4. If this is not what you are referring to then can you please clarify? Both paid and pro user have access to Buildbox 3.1.2 and up. Hopefully this clarifies.
    Is this a new issue to 3.1.3? Will DM you on this incase you haven't already shared this with support ;)

volcank, Sylv MEZ and Jaro like this.
  14. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Yes you are right, I did not understand because when I use the Update function I still see the message that 3.1.1 is the latest version already installed.

15. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

The update tab will reflect for paid users the same version for 3.1.4 when it releases. Right now if you wish to use 3.1.3 on paid (which does not have the custom ads option yet, if needed, to be clear) it is a manual update so as to not unintentionally limit Paid customers who are wishing to use the custom ads option. The links are in the post at the top of thread as well as below, sorry for any confusion :)

PC: http://downloads.buildbox.com/buildbox/3.1/win/Buildbox_3.1.3-3446.exe
    MAC: http://downloads.buildbox.com/buildbox/3.1/mac/Buildbox_3.1.3-3446.dmg

Sylv MEZ and Jaro like this.
  16. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@Sean Buildbox in version 3.1.3, Revoke consent has been added, but when create Custom Navigation button and click on it on device, nothing happens. Am I missing something or revoke consent does not work.

Also, what about CPPA, should we restrict data processing in Admob for Buildbox games?

17. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Also there’s an issue submitting to the App Store iOS with version 3.1.3, related to App Icon alpha channels :)

18. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

thats not issue coming from buildbox, you need to check Alpha by opening image/icon property from MAc

19. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Well, it is Buildbox issue, because it is extracted from Buildbox :)
    I know how to fix this issue myself, (just remove the alpha from icon.1024.png, but the Buildbox should not export it as is!

20. Tumbleweeds

Tumbleweeds Boxer

Hi. Is anybody else having trouble downloading the export modules for iOS, Android, ...? I see the notification in the bottom right corner "Retrieving modules list 0%" but it never gets past 0%.