Presenting Buildbox 3.1.1 Beta

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Dec 10, 2019.

1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Artificial Intelligence objects / Characters would be nice to have. It will look like "multiplayer" type of game. So adding AI characters that interact with our characters will be a win! Like AI BrainBox :)

So far I've noticed some bug fixes addressed prior to 3.0.2. Haven't tried wizard and the other new stuff, well that's Alpha Build, close to Beta. It's normal to NOT work at the moment some of the presented features.

I love that you guys added different device support for iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, the simulators (previewer) inside Buildbox is improved!

I like where BB is heading towards though! :)

2. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Here I spotted a crash that's happening every time on device when exporting from BB 3.1.1 beta:

Code:
    [PTPlayer] - Screen On Exit: Level 3 UI
    [PTPlayer] - [Screen 0Screen 1Screen 2Screen 3Screen 4Screen 5Screen 6Screen 7Screen 8Screen 9] banner: kNoAds interstitial: kNoAds
    [PTPlayer] - Screen On Enter: Level Complete
    [PTPlayer] - init depth texture: 2048 2048
    [PTPlayer] - adding level section withID: 159571 (distance:0.000000)
    [PTPlayer] - Screen On Exit: Level Complete
    [PTPlayer] - Scene 3D dealloc
    [PTPlayer] - JS Log: level :4
    [PTPlayer] - init depth texture: 2048 2048
    [PTPlayer] - adding level section withID: 941064 (distance:0.000000)
    [PTPlayer] - [Screen 0Screen 1Screen 2Screen 3Screen 4Screen 5Screen 6Screen 7Screen 8Screen 9Screen 10] banner: kNoAds interstitial: kNoAds
    [PTPlayer] - Screen On Enter: Level 4 UI
    [PTPlayer] - Scene 3D dealloc
    [PTPlayer] - JS Log: Shed Particles1
    [PTPlayer] - JS Log: 12,13,14,154
    BBPlayer was compiled with optimization - stepping may behave oddly; variables may not be available.
    (lldb) 
    @Sean Buildbox please forward this to the team :)

Here's the device log to this thread: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j985zlewgf5dxa5/BBPlayer 9.12.19, 19-17.crash.zip?dl=0

3. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

dude where is checkpoint for multiple worlds//

4. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

i cant download file it shows this message;
    Your connection is not private

Xoctrebla likes this.
  5. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

Xoctrebla likes this.
  6. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Checking into this. Think there may be a bug we've found responsible for the wizard issues.

Will DM you for more details

7. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

Will FBX import be in this?

PunkPuffin and Jackazoid like this.
  8. Sean Buildbox

It will not unfortunately. Looking at Q1 next year for integration, it is in progress and a high priority for us

9. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

I just tested this version. Honestly this is incredible version i had seen in entire year.. I really liked the wizard and brainbox feature. it help a lot.
    Just a another reason to resubscribe to next subscription. but one thing is stopping me is Ads integrating. Every single update you guys clearly had been said many times.
    "To be clear later this month we will be releasing full 3.1.1 which will be bringing with it more including Integrated Ads and Full Documentation".
    "[Important]: This build does not have Easy Ad Integration yet and a few high profile features are still being developed. This does not mean they are being forgotten or ignored, I can confirm the final roadblocks to it have been resolved recently :)"

"[Important]: This build is not adding some of our highest priority additions such as Easy Ad Integration, Checkpoint Node, and similar. This does not mean they are being forgotten or ignored, they are simply a bit more involved and are currently in progress by the team as we speak ;)"

and so on.

Again, bb v 3.1.1 beta is awesome and promisingly delivered as part of easy functionality and play around. That version we boxer were expecting on Buildbox 3 official release

Kindly make easy ads asap, I had lost many clients because of it and WE CANT CODE!!!

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  10. Sean Buildbox

Easy Ad functionality will be in the official 3.1.1 release, this as I said will be before end of month ;)

itzonator and Bilz636 like this.
  11. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

@Sean Buildbox - are steps being made so we can either import SDK's from Voodoo and GA for example or easily get a coder to add this stuff without it costing the earth? Voodoo have said that they don't care what game engine you use, providing that you can import their SDK. Making this possible will be the key to unlocking a huge new world for the no code movement.

itzonator and landofgreendev like this.
  12. andsy

andsy Boxer

Awesome update as always! Can't wait until official release!

13. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Looks great !!
    I love where you guys are going with this.
    The wizard looks like it will help out a lot of new buildboxers & the brain boxes look awesome
    Keep up the good work

14. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I don't even want to paste the questions I've been asking about Heyzap in BB2 for weeks (that's boring already). It's the end of December, we'll be naked after the New Year. And we still pay for it. You promised it would be done. Tray told you there were only ten of you. But now you are 10 + 150. So ...

PunkPuffin likes this.
  15. Sean Buildbox

Agreed and this is still in progress. Unfortunately it is not a small task.

Buildbox 2 regarding HeyZap we have a replacement in mind. There is still the custom option in the meantime but we are looking to provide a NoCode option there for BB2 as well. We appreciate your patience and we'll have an update soon.

16. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Avid Boxer

I'll just throw this out there as a feature idea especially for 2D. I use a software called Cartoon Animator and one tier of their software has a plugin/addon to use Photopea (free PS alternative) within the application for editing sprites and images. I think that would be killer within BB.

17. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I still can't put music in each world, I can only add it in the Menus or create a sound box inside the object.

18. Sean Buildbox

Music is still attached to each UI as opposed to worlds (along with object nodes). If you want different music for each world you will need a separate UI for that world. We are considering ways to expand music integration in the future however

19. MickMick93

MickMick93 Boxer

One simple yet crucial feature that should be added to buildbox is the ability to cause a game to gradually speed up based on points, time, distance, etc. I wanted to make a game similar to google's dinosaur game, but was stunned that i couldn't. It can't get more casual than that game, yet buildbox currently can't make it.

20. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Mick Congratulation man! the feature you're asking for is already in the buildbox since its formation (from buildbox 1) ;)
    Dont miss out world settings man ;)

viking and Sean Buildbox like this.