Character System - Customize / Unlock / Buy / Change Characters In Bb3

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by itzonator, Nov 15, 2019.

1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hey @particles

How're you man?
    This thread is exclusively addressed to you.

Do you have any idea of how to Upgrade @Skyhub Games -> Character System Node at https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/bb3-character-system.17779/

More details on that from @Hanomax here:

What I find is that this "character system" is simply re-skinning the character to a different 3D Model of a character and that's it. It's quite a limitation since we cannot customize the character in any way. If I have 20 characters, they all will have the same death animation, I mean it's very very limited. It's a great node to re-skin characters, but we cannot customize them.

@particles can we make a START node for each character we unlock so we can customize each character's ability, etc. ?

@PunkPuffin -> what do you think?

If we get this nailed, it is going to be a step forward for BB games, you know!
    Thanks guys for contributing making all of this work!

@Skyhub Games -> you mentioned that you already have done that already?

@Tars Tarkas -> you have something similar in Sling Away if I am not mistaken.
    Looking forward for anyone's response.

Best,
    Itzo

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  2. particles

particles Avid Boxer

Whatever we implement by ourself is still going to be messy and limited? Let BB Team come with a proper system for this.

3. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

For the different deaths you should have a different If Collide with the enemy for each character, just ad them to the character state node

itzonator likes this.
  4. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Interesting, thanks man. Did not occur to me :) Do you think is possible with this setup to add different character trails?