We Want To Publish Your Game!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by HRN Games, Dec 26, 2018.

1. HRN Games

HRN Games Boxer

Hello Boxers, Dave here from HRN Games.

Around this time last year i published HRN's first game 'Dare The Monkey' from developer duo 'Team Dare'. The game was created with Buildbox, and they seriously pushed the boundaries of the software!

The game has been featured by Apple and has had a total of over 400,000 downloads across iOS and Android, most of which are iOS. Also, the game is continuing to grow.

We also recently published Dare The Monkey: Deluxe, a paid version that is ad free and has a few extras.

the quality bar for HRN Games is high, and we are not looking for clones or reskins of other popular games. Originality is important, as well as great design and gameplay.

You can check out Dare The Monkey here...
    iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dare-the-monkey-go-bananas/id1135997386?mt=8
    Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alancaleb.app.dare&hl=en_US

I don't use the 'churn and burn' approach, pushing out game after game and then forgetting about them, I intend to work closely with developers to optimise the games monetisation the best we can, and constant refining is key to optimal revenue. But for this to work, the game really does have to be on point. My main focus is on iOS as that is where my experience lies and in my experience, is the more profitable platform. However, an Android version would be a bonus although i am not looking to put out Android only games.

So if you think you have a great game that is on the level of Dare The Monkey, please send video footage or better, a TestFlight, to: hrngamespublishing@gmail.com

I look forward to checking out what great games you have!

Thanks, Dave.

PS, sorry if this post is in the wrong section! Feel free to tell me where it should be and i shall move it.

AaroArts, bmsingha and andre_sprs like this.
  2. Cyberlab games

Cyberlab games Boxer

i need my games published

3. Reverse Studios

Reverse Studios Boxer

Do you republish?

4. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@HRN Games First of all congrats for all your title success. We have game with good retention metrics as well as game for featuring perspect. Would like to showcase you

5. HRN Games

HRN Games Boxer

Please send a video or TestFlight of your best game to hrngamespublishing@gmail.com

Thanks!

6. HRN Games

HRN Games Boxer

You mean publishing a game that is already on the App Store, i presume published by yourself? If it's a good game there would be no reason not to!

Cheers

7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Hello. I’m a huge fan of Dare the Monkey. I actually play the Apple Watch version all the time.

Anywho, why should a developer choose to work with you over another Publisher?
    What sort of deals will you be offering?

Very interested to find out. Thank you.

andre_sprs likes this.
  8. HRN Games

HRN Games Boxer

Hello Friend,
    nice to know that you enjoy Dare!

Like any publisher i can't discuss specific deals publicly, but i believe my deals would be fair, simple and transparent.
    HRN consists of just me at the moment but Team Dare have offered their assistance with any technical help i may need to help polish games and other stuff that might be involved.

I am honest and like to be friends with the developers instead of them just being a number in the catalogue.

As i mentioned, i would like to stay in constant contact with the developer for as long as necessary while continuing to improve the game over time. As i only plan to release a small number of games, each game will get a lot of care and attention compared to publishers who fire out games every week. So this is why it's important to have a truly awesome game that i can have full faith in. Because it can take time to iron out the kinks and find a marketing angle that works, i feel that other publishers would just forget about a game if it took too much effort to sell.

Hope that helps! :)

9. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Thank you for your reply.
    Sounds interesting and I appreciate you can’t discuss specifics.

However can you summarise a little about the benefits you provide over already established and trusted Publishers?
    Do you have a website with any testimonials?

I always love seeing new Publishers rise up, but it’s a big ask for someone to submit a video or TestFlight of a game that’s yet to be released.

What guarantees do you provide that concepts will not be stolen or recycled?

As it happens I have a game I’m close to completing and hoping to submit to Publishers soon, hence all the questions.

Thank you.

10. HRN Games

HRN Games Boxer

Hi again, i understand your concerns.

I have read about the problem with pitching games to publishers, even 'trusted' publishers, for them to just have the same game/idea built in house or by another dev.

I can't think of a way to prove i won't do that other than just by looking at my game catalogue and seeing that there is only one game! If that is something i wanted to do, surely i would have a bunch of them already?

I was able to meet Team Dare in person, and they could see i was a trust worthy, down-to-earth fellow. They were also impressed by my other business and marketing stats from a similar field, which was important as this would be my first game so i had nothing else to show to them. So If they could trust me to start from scratch with their game, that should tell you i am trust worthy. You should look at the reviews for Dare too, in UK and US, its 5 star rated with lots of ratings, the same in other countries too.

You should know, i'm not desperate to push out more games, i just want to expand a little bit and put out another great game as it's been a year since the first one, and i feel like more games will help each other to sell. I'm still working on the marketing with Dare, as its an ongoing process/relationship. If i could, i would work with them solely, and not have to bother trying to convince people to trust me with their game, but they are too busy at the moment to create another game.

Another thing, i'm only looking for something really good, cherry picking the absolute best, if i don't see it, i'm not going to publish anything. Im going to be turning down a lot of games, and i already have (sorry!). The key to good marketing is having a great product.

I understand if it's hard to trust me with your baby, but i suppose it would have to come down to trust at this point, if the story with Dare is not convincing enough. I know it seems kind of unorthodox so i recommend you try other publishers if you have trust concerns, and i wish you the best of luck!

On a side note, i actually started the game publishing company because of the game Dare The Monkey, i saw it and i thought i have to be a part of it! I could see that the game was made with love, and not just a straight up cash grab. I could also see the level of work and professionalism that Team Dare had put into it. Thats the kind of game i'm looking for!

11. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

That’s great to hear.
    I didn’t mean any offence by enquiring what you could bring to the table. I’m genuinely interested.

Regarding the protection of game concepts, I was wondering whether contracts would be drawn up during the submission process or something similar.

Will you be putting any games through test phases to gather retention data or are you looking solely for a game you like the look of?
    Thank you.

12. HRN Games

HRN Games Boxer

No problem, i wasn't offended!

I think you know more about games publishing than i do! :D I never thought to use test phases, but i think it'll come down to liking the look of a game and just straight putting it out there.

You should email me at hrngamespublishing@gmail.com with any contract concerns may you have.

Cheers

13. Nongpok Thokchom

Nongpok Thokchom Boxer

Hello @HRN Games , I am from a start up developer group called the AURORA DEVELOPERS, we recently developed two games using buildbox, and we are looking for a publisher, hope you can help us out.
    Do you have your website, where we can actually fill out the form for game submission???

14. HRN Games

HRN Games Boxer

Hi, nope, you can send an email to hrngamespublishing@gmail.com with a video or a TestFlight

thanks