Play Store Account Getting Banned

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by bmsingha, Nov 16, 2018.

1. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hi Guys

Now this is something really serious that I am willing to share. Is it just we or are there many more developers where play store account is getting banned with no proper accurate reason. This is damn frustating and so weird. It's so hard to accept the tons of downloads we missing and the games getting banned falling into false inclusion by play store.

Is there anyone else experiencing this issue currently or nearly in past?

I think so App store is far ahead much better in terms of releasing our apps compared to play store. They simple even disable serving admob ads with no proper reason

Is there any way to get back or make it activated again? Any of you tried it guys?

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Google normally bans you for breaking their 'terms of service' which can be very vague indeed. You can attempt to appeal it, but normally it's game over. It's not uncommon and you can set up another account, pay your fees but ideally using a different payment method and email - or they will just ban you again.

They could be using a new AI algorithms which, like on YouTube created a nightmare. You can find out more info and file an appeal here

Christoph and bmsingha like this.
  3. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Indeed you are right, but they actually never give the actual perfect reason but instead we assume a common mail for rejection. the title is by no means creating an issue, they are finding issue in placing the youtube link and that's so weird

4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hmm did you replace the youtube link in your game's video promo par or inside the description area? Other than that avoid getting cheap installs like where they promise 1000 installs for 100 bucks etc. They will ruin your account cause they are all bots. They will also ruin your publisher account especially Chartboost. They track if the users are real users or not if they see that they can ban your account. I am sure this applies to many ad companies. At the end they have to protect their customers from paying their advetising money on bot clicks. Also avoid getting fake reviews. the truth is Google almost knows everything you do with your account. But still this is google you may never know the real reason. Try to contact them write them an appeal email and try to explaing everything in your account. Most of the time an email can save your life. That saved me from my Chartboost getting banned. They had banned my account and then they aid they are sorry there was a mistake and opened it back again. Good Luck!

Christoph likes this.
  5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

The youtube link was placed in promo video link and not description area. Also we never bought any installs, everything is just organic through keywords. Also tryied to contact them but responded that they won't reinstate. So that's too weird about play store algorithm :-(

volcank likes this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah. First of all you never should rely only on the big onces. I heard too many stories of google getting banned. So if you publish on playstore never rely fully on Admob for example. Use another mediator. If they close your account you might get closed admob too. No money will be paid out.

Have you gotten warnings/strikes before?

7. suth4rshan

suth4rshan Boxer

Did you got any email ? What it said?

8. spicedbeangames

I had a warning about a rewarded video button they said was misleading. They said it wasn't clear enough - which was ridiculous as it's the standard rewarded video others use. And, the game was already on their store for 12 months and I just updated it. They didnt ban me or give me a strike but came from my app being rejected for that reason.

9. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

What did the reward button say and do?

10. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I also was banned two month ago for ridiculous reasons

11. spicedbeangames

It was a button with the video icon on it with 'earn +25 coins'.

12. suth4rshan

suth4rshan Boxer

13. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Straight up, Google is notorious for acting on a whim and leaving a path of devastation. I remember 6 years ago when they all of sudden decided to ban developers for releasing live wallpapers with chicks in bikinis. It lasted for about 4 months. They went crazy and then 4 months later it was okay again.
    One thing I will say about Google, they are always full of surprises.

14. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Did you ever managed to get back on play store mate?

15. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Yes I completely agree to your point, they really suck, App store is far beyond too nice in terms of policies and warniong. I have never ever heard an app store account getting banned

16. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

17. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

That's weird I have many of my game's promo videos from my youtube link. Actually I have talked with a google representative from my country she has contacted my on one of my games and I had asked her if having my promo video from my youtube account is ok and she had said that is something you should be doing already since both of are my account. My concenr was more on monetization cause I was also monetizing that video and getting small amounts of ad revenue from that. So that should be ok. Did they specifically said something about your youtube video link? And that youtube link you are the owner right? I mean it is your youtube channel.

18. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

yes mate, it's our own youtune link

19. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I am searching these days of a way to do so if anyone knows a guaranteed way to make another google account I will be thankful they removed my play store and AdMob account that sucks

20. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Exactly, it really sucks mate, play store is just blundering developers