Are there any BB code helpers?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by ruhm64, Oct 30, 2015.

1. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

Hi,

Is there anyone on the forums who has built an app and/or game but ran into about 40 errors when trying to export for testing (on Android only) let alone trying to release a full version? I have my game done and IAPs are done, from what my No0b status tells me.

I signed up for this really great tool to build but I am not sure how to give it that finishing touch to send it to my devices for beta testing then release it to the stores.

I have been in contact with Granjur, that BB suggests for the submission to the stores but that is all they do. I know there are completed and released games from BB, otherwise they wouldn't be showing them on the tutorials and hype videos.

Is it a Mac issue? I see a lot of people, including Trey, use a Mac.
    My specs:
    15' MacBook Pro
    CPU - 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
    RAM - 8BG
    HDD - 500GB
    Running El Capitan currently

Also use a Windows 10 PC with AMD Hex-core and 8GB RAM...

2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

ruhm64 likes this.
  3. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

4. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    epimazzo and ruhm64 like this.
  5. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

Yes, I did so but I wanted to see what I could get accomplished before they reply. Not sure what the wait time is. Thank you!

6. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

This really helped a lot. I got it to export my APK. Went to Google Developer Console and got that to accept it, not knowing for Beta Testing you need to send out for language translations. One thing I did have to change on Eclipse was the 1.7. It was defaulted at 1.6.

To skip the wait on the translations, I went ahead and just put the APK to my HTC One M9. It likes to crash. A lot. I know the Lint error ignore helps on exporting the app but the errors are still there. I will have to wait for the BB support to give me some insight. Thank you all for the help!

7. taikratoke663

taikratoke663 Boxer

Finally successfully my game into eclipse thanks to this post! i am having a slight error. Anyone know why?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@taikratoke663

Hard to say without the actual text of the errors but I'm 99% sure at least part of the problem is because you start a segment of your bundle ID with a number: "4wrdtech". This creates an illegal java package name.

If you follow the convention of "com.company.package" and only use lowercase letters and a period as the separator then you should never have a problem with creating an invalid bundle ID on any platform.

Also, this is an old thread... it's better to start a new thread for a different issue to keep closer to the same topic or specific issue.

9. cioccaapps

cioccaapps Boxer

@taikratoke663 Just today I was using Eclipse for the first time and received those same errors from those screenshots.

10. TheViseOne

TheViseOne Boxer

I had the same error on my BB game after I upgraded from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6 I fixed this by installing latest JDK. After that removed project, restarted eclipse and imported the project back in to the eclipse and everything worked just like a charm.

I hope that this helps

11. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Why am I getting this error ? -
    Unable to resolve target 'android-23'
    Also this is the error I'm getting (see pic)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  12. roy

roy Boxer

13. epimazzo

epimazzo Boxer

Hi jcalle,

Thanks for creating this tutorial video. I've been following this topic in the last couple of hours as my Game was just published on Google Play. Occurs that my In-app purchase isn't working quite well. I mean, it's not working at all. :(:(

I had compiled and exported everything following our Buildbox protocol (Eclipse + Java Build JDK, etc...) but it didn't make any difference. There's one particular thing I noticed be not working as sometimes expected a "buggy" thing. When I choose Google Play in BB settings prior to export, set all parameters and then go to advertisement tab, set ad provider and back to 1st tab, it shows me Apple Store again with all info data there as I used to develop for both platforms.

Well, I click OK and move on to the export function. From this point, I compile and create my APK without any issue. I just didn't perform all those steps I watched your tutorial video, I mean, the manifest XML file. Here, is it needed? If so, that's may be my problem. I don't know frankly speaking.

By the end, I can't figure out what is causing my In-app purchase not working. When I try to buy a pack or click on REMOVE ADS, I get this message: The item you requested is not available for purchase.

That's the point I'm stuck. :mad:

Any comment I appreciate.

Thanks for it.

14. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, try to Do not delete the permissions "com.android.vending.BILLING"
    View this video:

I cannot help you on the subject of shopping, Im sorry.

epimazzo likes this.
  15. epimazzo

epimazzo Boxer

Hey jcalle,

No worries. I'll find out what's going on soon. The video is about how to deal with In-app purchases internally in BB, something I already know how. Thanks anyway. ;)

16. kingjayy

kingjayy Boxer

17. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

18. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Just use android studio eclipse us old hat, install studio 3.2.2 naked import your export and it will download what it needs to create the apk it that simple

19. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Naked import?? How you do that? The project is not generated by Buildbox, but it was created back in 2014 and worked solely on Eclipse, Android Studio was not around this time :)

20. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Do you release you responded to jcalle's post from Oct, 2015?
    You should only be using Android Studio. The latest versions of Buildbox is no longer compatible w/Eclipse.