About Nanovation Llc

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by whitedogapp, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

Hello, guys this article is for developers who will work and are working with ios game publisher nanovation llc.
    they are cheaters, I published with them 3 games, and they arenot goign to pay me, thay dont answering my mails, they only payed me 150$, and waiting my main invoice which generate more then 1000$.
    one week ago they replyed my mail and told the game revenue was only 100$ I show them appanie screenshot which I made several moth ago and they delete me from appanie invitation and disepared, again and not going to pay me.

wcgames, manupr and bmsingha like this.
  2. abdussadik

abdussadik Boxer

Hello

Which game did you publish under their company?

3. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

Man sorry to hear this.
    But AppAnnie for revenue figures, is no where near accurate. Even there downloads are a bit off.
    Not saying your wrong, but i know from my games, that appannie, is way off with what revenue i actually make on my games.
    Ive never heard a bad thing about Nanovation, thats interesting.

4. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

How much money earns a game with publishers like Nanovation? Is it worth to go with publishers?

whitedogapp likes this.
  5. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

6. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

on appannie everything is well, because first time when I talk to them about revenue they told me that Cubrick the game earn 2000$ in first month, after 4 month later, they told me Applovin ads gave them only 400$, and few weeks ago they told Cubrick revenue is only 100$ ,
    this is biggest chating from 2000$ to 100$, next they delete my invitation to appanie, but I have all old screenshots for proof and when I send them it they not answer my mails, I send them more then 20 times

bmsingha and adrogdesigns like this.
  7. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

depends on game I had 100k more downloads and total revenue was 2500$,
    but there is games more then 200k download which got 18k usd revenue, but developers who got lot revenue , they got less amount of money, because nanovation tell them that they spend lot money in marketing, but they not spending eny money, they only waiting apple feature.

8. manupr

manupr Boxer

hi whitedogapp...

why dont you post this on reddit at r/gamedev and on twitter, tagging them? they are not being transparent an that is NOT ok. other developers should know about this. indie game developers are already finding it hard and such treatment makes it extremely bad.

i also had one same experience with another publisher and i do not wish the same fate on another indie devs struggling to make it. i still have not got paid from my publisher and i ended up with financial problems because i had left my job because my game did extremely well. but the publisher never paid me. they are in different country and i cant even sue them.

DrWho and bmsingha like this.
  9. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

Can you, please, clarify which publisher? If it is applicable. It will be good to have a black list of cheating publishers.

DrWho likes this.
  10. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hey man, I am sorry to hear your frustrations. I have just made a quick check with AppAnnie, it does not look as these games made it to the top 100 in major countries like US or UK. I have seen one game made it top ranked in sub category in Tunisia -- which is great, although you could not expect high revenue from that (simply the number of downloads and the conversion rate is not the same as in the US). Do not forget that this is a free game and the monetization is based on IAP and advertisements solely. Turning players to paid customers is not that easy, and to gain great revenue from ads you need a high retention rate from your players.

My thinking is that first of all AppAnnie would not give you a precise numbers when it comes to revenue estimates. The most precise is obviously coming from Apple iTunes which numbers they should be able to provide to you (Number of downloads, Retention Rate and IAP). Also if there are ads then the ads provider has similar numbers which you should be able to review the same way.

Now I am not saying you should not question their fairness, however, you should analyze data from more reliable sources before making final conclusions. I know people make living out of developing games and releasing them with Nanovations, like Deadcool. I think there might be a miscommunication in between you two and you should try to clear that up first, ask the sheets with the numbers from reliable sources, and talk to them or start the legal process if you feel you have a case.

itzonator and adrogdesigns like this.
  11. manupr

manupr Boxer

i am actually planning to pursue a legal route.so i dont want to really reveal any details until i get proper guidance from my lawyer. i dont really intend to go to court,but if it shows them that i am really serious about my money i hoping it will work.

12. manupr

manupr Boxer

this is not correct. app app annie can show how much each ad network needs to pay you. it was integrations for this. op's games are all free games, so iap is negligible any way. if op can see payments from ad networks on app annie then he is right.

nanovation at least needs to give him a convincing answer.not abscond and remove his access from app annie.

my publisher is in a different country (i am in turkey and they are in france), so its not easy to sue them. i dont know what you live.

13. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Ah I see, so op was using AppAnnie connected to their Ad network, not the revenue estimation? Well then it sounds like he has the case. It sounds super weird though, Nanovation is not an unknown name in the industry... Maybe he can try with the small claim court to get his fair share plus the legal fees -- living abroad does not prevent you from suing someone, you just need to get your legal representation there.

AaroArts likes this.
  14. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

How often are you paid?
    Maybe you haven't reached your next payment date?

I highly doubt Nanovation are screwing you over. They're a business and have a reputation to uphold.

DrWho likes this.
  15. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

^ Very strange, while I can’t comment on your situation - I can vouch for Nanovation myself. Personally we have worked with them for over a year and never had a missed payment - in fact they've always paid us ahead of schedule if anything. Again I don’t know your exact situation. But there are two sides to every story!

DrWho, bmsingha, deenasty and 2 others like this.
  16. nanovation

nanovation Boxer

Hello Fellow Buildbox community members,

My name is Fred from Nanovation. Although, I am not active on these forums, I felt the need to come in and uphold our reputation. Nanovation has been growing exponentially and we are unlike any other publisher. We do our best to make sure all our developers are profitable, and win with us. In fact, as I am sure many of you have been seeing, when we release a game, typically all of the games published with us get the uplift in downloads. Plus, we do a lot of UA buys, social, and spend a lot of money in promoting/marketing our games, which means most of the games in our portfolio get an uplift. Thus everyone always wins and profits.

First off, I would like to thank everyone in the buildbox community for all positive comments about us. You guys rock!

We don't want to create a whole drama out of this post, since honestly we feel everyone has some positive things to work on like making great build box games, then deal with drama...

However, in the interest of clearing the air.

In this particular situation, unfortunately the situation is reversed. I don't like to call out names, so for the purposes of this reply, i am just going to say "the poster".

This original poster is trying to damage our name. Not sure why. The poster is trying to extort money from us, as has already been tried via email. The poster has "made-up" the revenue numbers, of which we trusted and paid for. We then overpaid the poster. After our accounting department has looked further, we found out that the revenue which the poster has invoiced us for, did not match the actual revenue. In reality the poster got overpaid and owes us money.

We have published a lot of build box games, and everyone who we have dealt with has been very happy. We always make payments on time, and very often even way head of the schedule. In addition, some of our developers who we work with, we give them upfront payments even before the game is released!

On behalf of Nanovation, I thank you for reading this reply.

I am sure that there will be further replies back and forth, but we are not going to be wasting our time on dealing with people who are trying to damage our name. Instead, we rather use our time productively and look at further Buildbox games so we can publish and everyone makes money.

Thank you.

DrWho, Danlespect, deenasty and 8 others like this.
  17. Akash Khatkale

Akash Khatkale Boxer

Hey, How do we contact you guys ?
    You don't have any contact option on your website.
    I want to send you my game

DrWho likes this.
  18. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

it is not true,you know us well, you pay us only spin dawn and thorn dash revenue,
    but are not going to pay us Cubrick invoice, we sent you over 10 mails to remind to pay us our money and you dont pay us.
    what you are posting it is not true!!!!!!!

bmsingha likes this.
  19. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

tell us why you arenot replying our mails?????

bmsingha likes this.
  20. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

I have same question why they did it??? but I havenot answer???
    I am angry most that they not answering our mails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.